Don't Get Offended But I Hate Vloggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay, so hopefully you read the title. You've had a fair warning.

I hate vloggers. Not all vloggers, that would be cruel to stereotype them. I hate most vloggers. I say this, being a comedy vlogger.

Okay, so you vlog about your life, right? Why do I care that you went to your grandmother's house and helped your cousin cook her a roast? Why should I care what you do? Are you famous? No? Are you being funny? No. Just talking about your day is not entertaining to me. If I wanna hear about somebody's normal boring average life, I'd go out and life my life. But no, instead I'm inside listening to you ramble on about your pot roast and how cute you think your baby is, which I hate to break it to you, I don't agree with in the least bit. I hate babies. (most babies).

Sorry for the little rant, but I had to just share how I feel. Again, this is MY opinion. Yours can differ. I'm not attacking anyone in particular this topic has just been on my mind for the last couple days. Why do you watch vloggers? Why do you care about their lives? I wanna try to see from your POV.

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree 100%. I think the occasional vlog can be fun on holidays like Christmas or something if you already have a viewerbase because then your fans can know your real life, but most vloggers are just like, "Today I got my hair styled and it looks great. Now I need to take my dog for a walk." Sure, it's great when the vlogs give value like a fitness vlog or maybe filming yourself cooking and teaching your audience, but most people live a completely average life, so why would I watch that?

Okay enough rambling.

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As a none binary asexual rocking horse, I am offended by your comments!
I hate jokes like these too, tbh. I don't really believe in a hundred genders or whatever, I just don't think genders should even be a thing, same with sexuality. I get it, biologically you're male or female or intersex. but gender is just a stereotype society has formed with roles that aren't needed??? On a side note: God I'm such a hateful person today.[DOUBLEPOST=1468028022,1468027918][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree 100%. I think the occasional vlog can be fun on holidays like Christmas or something if you already have a viewerbase because then your fans can know your real life, but most vloggers are just like, "Today I got my hair styled and it looks great. Now I need to take my dog for a walk." Sure, it's great when the vlogs give value like a fitness vlog or maybe filming yourself cooking and teaching your audience, but most people live a completely average life, so why would I watch that?

Okay enough rambling.
Oh my god someone understands. If you already have a channel based on something else, um Beckie0 to begin with, she had a trich channel and people asked her to vlog, and she started vlogging some, but that wasn't her main thing. How can vlogging be your main niche? THERE'S NO TALENT IN TALKING TOY OUR PHONE ABOUT YOUR NEW HAIR OR YOUR NEW DRESS GET OVER YOURSELF

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Oh my god, you're the first person ever to have the same opinion on genders as me.

Anyways, I agree that I don't see the appeal of that kind of vlogger.
It's strange to me that they garner such big audiences, but I guess other people like different things.

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my god, you're the first person ever to have the same opinion on genders as me.

Anyways, I agree that I don't see the appeal of that kind of vlogger.
It's strange to me that they garner such big audiences, but I guess other people like different things.
You don't feel more "female" or "male" like, you feel the way society has made you think males or females should think. It's different for trans people, who feel like their bodies are wrong. But people who complain and say they're bigender or whatever, just urk me to death. GENDER IS A SOCIETAL MADE THING AND ISN'T REAL. I REPEAT. IT ISN'T A REAL SOLID THING THERE'S A SPECTRUM AND YOU DON'T NEED TO LABEL ANYTHING JUST BE YOU AND BE HAPPY WITH THAT.
I guess people have different tastes, I just.. I can't see it. I stopped watching a lot of people on youtube because they just turned into vloggers. Never liked the shaytards either...

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think the reason vloggers film themselves doing the most normal things in life is to show people to stay positive and to live life happily. This is because for example me myself find it really bored and lonely living by myself in other countries sometimes and to see videos about normal lives really lift your feelings up alot. Maybe your life is good and you are staying with your family but for people who's half the earth away from their family and friends, those videos are very important.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
TRIGGERED!!!!!! - just kidding. I don't vlog ever lol, only vlogs that are interesting are big channels.

Reactions: NervousLatte

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I like vloggers, certain ones though. I watch FaZe Clan, Red House, MysticGotJokes, and Syndicate vlogs. They all live fun and entertaining lives so it entertains me. They are also funny people who do cool things. They also have main channels, so it's cool to see them do other things outside their normal niche.

TheSGGamingChannel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, McJuggerNuggets is the exception for me ;)

But yeah, I totally get your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.