Does watching your own video to the end affect your retention positively?

Do you watch all your own videos to the end on the YouTube page?

• Obviously yes!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Hell no...

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a habit of always watching my videos to the end when it's already uploaded to YouTube, but does this affect the retention of your video? Does it do any good?

Anybody else who does this? :p

Thanks.

-James

Last edited:

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What do you mean? I usually watch it to see if it's boring, etc. and to see if I need to make it shorter for next time..?

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you mean? I usually watch it to see if it's boring, etc. and to see if I need to make it shorter for next time..?
Well, I usually review my video in the editing software, of course. Once it's on YouTube, I'm not going to change anything anymore.

But I've edited the thread to make it a little more clear, thanks for letting me know.

It's about whether or not there's more people like me who watch their videos in the entirety once it's already on YouTube.

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, I usually review my video in the editing software, of course. Once it's on YouTube, I'm not going to change anything anymore.

But I've edited the thread to make it a little more clear, thanks for letting me know.

It's about whether or not there's more people like me who watch their videos in the entirety once it's already on YouTube.
ah gotcha now! haha and Yes I do lol! For me it's like watching a labour of love and appreciating my hard work lol.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I sometimes do it and I sometimes don't it all depends on how I feel about the video because I would have already watched it over right after rendering maybe once or twice already so unless I don't feel 100% about the video I don't normally watch my videos all the way to the end when their on my channel.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually don't. I don't like the sound of my voice and the ones that I don't talk in I've watched in editing.

Also I don't think watching your videos does anything, I tried it once and it didn't seem to record any watch time for it. But if you're not logged into your account then maybe it would.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually don't. I don't like the sound of my voice and the ones that I don't talk in I've watched in editing.

Also I don't think watching your videos does anything, I tried it once and it didn't seem to record any watch time for it. But if you're not logged into your account then maybe it would.
Ah yeah, sure, thanks mate!

MrDooney

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do, but just to make sure there are no editing errors, and definitely not to get that sweet a** watch time lmao. But tbh I don't think it matters unless you're video is an hour ahaha. I full watch won't make you pewdiepie. But fake accounts will ;) nah jk haha

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do that to my videos all the time. It's pretty normal.