Does my GET TO KNOW ME make you feel uncomfortable?

Aw thank you kindly I'll be checking out your channel too

I'll try to keep the jump cuts to a minimum next time. The only reason why there are jump cuts is because I don't talk fluently. So I have to take bits of the fluent parts and put em together so it's easier to understand. I just really need to practice my speech haha. Thank you for your feedback, now I now the jump cuts bother some people. I'll improve on it next time

No problem. You could always write it out and read it in one take. Or overlay video about what you're taking about to cover it up.

Why, thank you, kind sir!

Ok so I liked the video everything looks great to me I would turn down the background music down just a tad bit....Your english language sounds great to me!
Okay, I will next time! It's so it can distract you from hearing my annoying little voice, haha, thank you for your feedback!! ^__^

your english is really good, it's not awkward/uncomfortable at all. your editing is great, too. I think the only thing I'd change is maybe the color of the text inside the video (it's a little hard to read).

Otherwise, I really liked it!
Yeah, I did figure it was hard to read... I was just being a little lazy butt. Haha. But since it does bother some people, i will make sure to not be lazy next time. Haha. Thank you very much for commenting <3

i am also just starting out on youtube but even with my limited posting experience, Ithink I have some hopefully helpful feedback for your work. Hopefully. If you disagree with any of what im saying dont hate its just my opinion. <3

I thionk this video was a step in the wrong direction. For me this one was not relatable and didnt have the things that made your other videos enjoyable.

This video felt a bit forced and unnatural. The dialogue was a bit clunky and didnt seem to flow very well. Writing natural dialogue is a difficult thing to do and without natural flowing lines or dialogue any language or fluency issues will stand out.

I dont even think it was so much a fluency issue as it was the unnatural sounding writing and lines. I say this because I would never guess english wawsnt your first language based on your other videos.

I can tell you are really passionate about your channel and care about producing good videos that people will enjoy.

I like when you play into awkward feelings or insecurities and make fun of yourself. Most girls can identify with trying to imitate a certain look or makeup trend and failing at it. This is relatable and you seem comfortable doing it. WHen your comfortable the audience will feel comfortable too.

All great female comedians are masters of self deprecating comedy so I would keep going in that direction.

I really do think you have a inate relatability and skill in being in front of the camera, but that talent must be honed and practiced for your channel to be great. I dont say that lightly either. In my opinion most of the people doing these type of videos and comedic commentary have no business doing so.

I hope you keep making videos and adding toy our channel.

SOme questions to keep in mind as you move forward is what is the overal message or statement you would like your body of work (your channel) to say. WHats your overall goal when it comes to youtubing and posting videos?[DOUBLEPOST=1466868764,1466867782][/DOUBLEPOST]Also a good trick for anyone who is trying to sound more fluent and less esl in there speech and communication is this....

FAmiliarize yourself with a few dozen unusual, rarely used words. tHE FACT that you are using such a unusual and unique word here and there will color up whatever you are saying and make it exciting to hear. Just be sure you are really truly using the words properly or it wilkl have the opposite effect. '
Heres is A COUPLE GFOOD ONES.

Constellate - which means to gather together in a cluster or group.

Emacity which means a fondness for buying things.

Hoddy-noddy which means a foolish person

lollygag which means to spend time in an a aimless or lazy way

Hope that can help someone somewhere. :]

i am also just starting out on youtube but even with my limited posting experience, Ithink I have some hopefully helpful feedback for your work. Hopefully. If you disagree with any of what im saying dont hate its just my opinion. <3

I thionk this video was a step in the wrong direction. For me this one was not relatable and didnt have the things that made your other videos enjoyable.

This video felt a bit forced and unnatural. The dialogue was a bit clunky and didnt seem to flow very well. Writing natural dialogue is a difficult thing to do and without natural flowing lines or dialogue any language or fluency issues will stand out.

I dont even think it was so much a fluency issue as it was the unnatural sounding writing and lines. I say this because I would never guess english wawsnt your first language based on your other videos.

I can tell you are really passionate about your channel and care about producing good videos that people will enjoy.

I like when you play into awkward feelings or insecurities and make fun of yourself. Most girls can identify with trying to imitate a certain look or makeup trend and failing at it. This is relatable and you seem comfortable doing it. WHen your comfortable the audience will feel comfortable too.

All great female comedians are masters of self deprecating comedy so I would keep going in that direction.

I really do think you have a inate relatability and skill in being in front of the camera, but that talent must be honed and practiced for your channel to be great. I dont say that lightly either. In my opinion most of the people doing these type of videos and comedic commentary have no business doing so.

I hope you keep making videos and adding toy our channel.

SOme questions to keep in mind as you move forward is what is the overal message or statement you would like your body of work (your channel) to say. WHats your overall goal when it comes to youtubing and posting videos?[DOUBLEPOST=1466868764,1466867782][/DOUBLEPOST]Also a good trick for anyone who is trying to sound more fluent and less esl in there speech and communication is this....

FAmiliarize yourself with a few dozen unusual, rarely used words. tHE FACT that you are using such a unusual and unique word here and there will color up whatever you are saying and make it exciting to hear. Just be sure you are really truly using the words properly or it wilkl have the opposite effect. '
Heres is A COUPLE GFOOD ONES.

Constellate - which means to gather together in a cluster or group.

Emacity which means a fondness for buying things.

Hoddy-noddy which means a foolish person

lollygag which means to spend time in an a aimless or lazy way

Hope that can help someone somewhere. :]
Okay, honey, first of all. I appreciate all of your writing! It's amazing how people can actually go into detail in reviewing. Like, literally when I first saw that your post was like more than 3 lines, I got so excited to read it! Thank you for taking the time.

I do understand your point that this was a risky video and that it is way different from my other ones, but I was actually okay with that :) I created the channel to make people's day better and that's one of the reasons why I post the funny stuff. But overtime, I finally decided that I wanted it to be my personal thing too. I have fun making funny videos, but I'll have more fun if my viewers know me and actually interact with me :D So it's okay for me that this wasn't a comedic skit, it's just every now and then anyway :)

Also, I wasn't following the any script when I was answering the questions. I just read the questions from my phone and answer it on the spot because I thought I would come off more natural that way. Hahaha. But I guess not. xD I guess it's the way I talk or how I deliver the message... I need more facial expressions. Lol.
I'll work on it don't worry!

My channel also serves as my de-stressing creative outlet. So anything I think of that I would want to translate into a video, I make it! My goal is to inspire people and to make everyone's day better. As for posting videos, my goal is to post at least weekly and to post A LOT! (I'll be excited to make my 100th video! lol)

I will make sure to make improvements on some points that you've noticed. Thanks again, James! You were very helpful. I really appreciate it!

I think you did a good job overall. I agree with ThelifeofDJ. The music was too loud and at times it was distracting. You seem comfortable in from of the camera. And your english sounds fine. Good luck!

Back