SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does having a lot of likes on your YouTube videos help them in anyway get more views? and same question about Dislikes, do they have any bad effect on the video?

KingRay111

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From what i've learned, likes and dislikes both count as interaction with your channel, which brings you higher in youtube. Not sure how it works or if that theory is even correct.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah iv heard some people say they effect video and channel ranking and some people say otherwise. :p Not sure the truth lol :p

KingRay111

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's funny is that everyone i watch on Youtube, big or small, has no idea what likes and dislikes actually do. Its like the creator of that system made it then disappeared or something lol xD

Reactions: SeanFace101

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lol yeah, and left all of us debating about what effect they have but with no one to confirm who is correct lol :p

Reactions: KingRay111

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes they both help but only if they come for real users (the like4like are quite useless).

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes they both help but only if they come for real users (the like4like are quite useless).
yeah man all those like swap, sub exchange things are useless anyways :p but so genuine likes on videos help them get more views then you think?

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yeah man all those like swap, sub exchange things are useless anyways :p but so genuine likes on videos help them get more views then you think?
Yes. Watch time is much more important of course but likes and dislikes help them also climb up in the search results/suggested videos.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really should pay more attention to things like view time and all that in the stats / analytics. I just kind of check my views, likes and dislikes daily but not all the other things. :p

Reactions: chottom

KingRay111

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really should pay more attention to things like view time and all that in the stats / analytics. I just kind of check my views, likes and dislikes daily but not all the other things. :p
yeah i should start doing that a little more as well xd