Does Fullscreen Require Adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CousinEd, you are incorrect there. A creator must join Adsense as a Publisher, and then associate their YouTube channel with the Adsense account after joining the YouTube Partner Programme; there is no "automatic association" to be had. Under 18s can neither join the YouTube Partner Program or an MCN without parental permission as for business purposes, under 18s are considered unable to enter into a binding legal agreement; and a person under the age of 18 cannot start an Adsense account as I understand it.
Technically, I am correct. Adsense is just a tool that will serve ads on your videos. Even though you will not have access to it as a minor, it's still there. You can upload videos on your YouTube account and ads will be displayed, but the money will go to Google.

Technically, I am correct. Adsense is just a tool that will serve ads on your videos. Even though you will not have access to it as a minor, it's still there. You can upload videos on your YouTube account and ads will be displayed, but the money will go to Google.
Adsense doesn't serve the ads; the Google Ad Service does that. Adsense is the monetization platform link between the Google Ad Service and the person (Publisher) who wishes to earn money from Google Ads.

I think you are confusing Adsense with AdWords, which does serve ads that an advertiser bids to have served against content hosted by Google or Adsense Publishers on said publishers' web sites.

Adsense doesn't serve the ads; the Google Ad Service does that. Adsense is the monetization platform link between the Google Ad Service and the person (Publisher) who wishes to earn money from Google Ads.

I think you are confusing Adsense with AdWords, which does serve ads that an advertiser bids to have served against content hosted by Google or Adsense Publishers on said publishers' web sites.

Alright, let's imagine a situation where you live in a country without access to YouTube partnership program. You create a new channel and allow advertisements being displayed on your videos. Where is the money in this situation going to? And through where?

Alright, let's imagine a situation where you live in a country without access to YouTube partnership program. You create a new channel and allow advertisements being displayed on your videos. Where is the money in this situation going to? And through where?
If you're not connected to Adsense and/or are not partnered, then Google gets the money. That's basically it. The YouTuber doesn't get paid

It's not. Monetization allows Google ads. You need both monetization and Adsense to earn revenue.
What is this advertisement link/interface called between Google and YouTube. We, users, have adsense, what do they have?

Edit: I see that I made a mistake in my initial post and then it went downhill from that, oh well, almost 40 hours without sleep can do that to you.

Last edited:
Ads are never displayed on a video belonging to a channel outside the Partner Program. They may be displayed alongside, or on the web sidebar, of videos on such a channel. And that money will indeed be allocated to Google, but not through Adsense. It will be allocated to Google itself, through its ownership of Google Ads.

If you can prove otherwise, please post a quote of your proof to this thread, and if you have VIP, link your source. If you don't have VIP, please tell me the web site where you found it and I will search it myself on Google Search.

Google being a Multi-National Corporation, I would guess not. Google also owns YouTube; so it could literally put in place any proceeds-collecting net its vast army of coders could come up with.

Google takes 55% of all monies earned by Partner channels. The same or a similar mechanism would be in place for collection of ad revenue from independent ads served on YouTube outside of Partner Channels.

Remember that it is Google (as owner of YouTube) who has to make the first money division, and then distribute the MCNs' shares to those networks; after which the MCNs make the further division taking out their share of the remnant, and finally distributing what remains to the individual partner channel owners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back