Does a rant with the video shown count as fair use?

-EDIT-
Unhelpful post

It always depends on how much of the video you use, and why.

Like if its a rant, do we really need to see a clip?

Last edited:
I recently been thinking i want to make rants so: Does a rant with the video shown count as fair use?
Or if not why?
if you're planning on showing an entire video (or even a good portion of the video) and just talking over it or talking in response to it, then that's probably *not* fair use.

If you only use a few clips, then you could have a case for fair use, but keep in mind that fair use can only fully be decided by court. But you have a much stronger case if your video doesn't "replace" the need to watch the original (as it probably would if you showed a good portion of the video)

If you do it close to what Angry Joe does, then it is Fair Use. But no one is saying companies wont try to claim those videos :)

if you're planning on showing an entire video (or even a good portion of the video) and just talking over it or talking in response to it, then that's probably *not* fair use.

If you only use a few clips, then you could have a case for fair use, but keep in mind that fair use can only fully be decided by court. But you have a much stronger case if your video doesn't "replace" the need to watch the original (as it probably would if you showed a good portion of the video)

Best description, I was going to say this!

Back