Does a change in consistent uploads penalise your channel?

StrawberryJamT

Reaction score
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with changing the consistency with your uploads and how that has affected your overall views/watch time?

Last year I had a change in uploads per month:

Month 1: 28 videos
Month 2: 14 videos
Month 3: 20 videos

Prior to month 1, I stuck to 28 videos a month. My views/watch time has decreased since month 3 and has stayed that way (its been about 5 months now).

Love to hear of other channel experiences with changing your upload schedule and how it affected your channel.

Cheers

Kate :)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
20 plus a month? I'm lucky to push out two! It shouldn't change, if you take into consideration that many views and watch times come from each viewers opinion of the video. Many could decide to click and watch in full, or not. I don't think how many times you upload or of you stop a while will matter too much.

Besides you have 100000 subs! I wouldn't worry

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
My channel is broken. Every time I stop uploading for weeks, my channel explodes.
Then mine is with you, they are broken and when we upload constantly we get a few views but when we don't upload for a week channel explodes with views and subs XD

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Then mine is with you, they are broken and when we upload constantly we get a few views but when we don't upload for a week channel explodes with views and subs XD
Hmm, sounds like the technique is to upload a lot and then take a couple weeks off.

Reactions: HalieCakes