Do You Write A Script?

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
wazzzup yttalkers =)

What do you all do when you have a idea for a video. Do you guys like to write down a script or do you just wing it, I personally just wing it, if I come up with a sketch idea I will just think about different ideas on whatever topic and wing it. I have a BIG imagination so i can literally take a idea and go crazy with it lol if that makes any sense ;)

I am too lazy to sit down and write a script but there are times where I will have a BADASS dream and wake up and be like Woah! that be a cool movie idea.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
wazzzup yttalkers =)

What do you all do when you have a idea for a video. Do you guys like to write down a script or do you just wing it, I personally just wing it, if I come up with a sketch idea I will just think about different ideas on whatever topic and wing it. I have a BIG imagination so i can literally take a idea and go crazy with it lol if that makes any sense ;)

I am too lazy to sit down and write a script but there are times where I will have a BADASS dream and wake up and be like Woah! that be a cool movie idea.
I do small notes in my iPhone so I remember later. I don't talk much in my videos so I don't need a "script", but video concepts are something I jot down.

Reactions: GooberVlogs

mercmonster

Asia's Redheaded Step-Child
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Nah, all our content is improvised. Sometimes when going into street interviews like the one in my sig, I have a few pre-determined questions I ask, but then the actual content of the exchange is obviously natural and unplanned. Same goes for pranks - there's a general idea, but how it actually unfolds constantly changes and you can't really plan for that.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nah, all our content is improvised. Sometimes when going into street interviews like the one in my sig, I have a few pre-determined questions I ask, but then the actual content of the exchange is obviously natural and unplanned. Same goes for pranks - there's a general idea, but how it actually unfolds constantly changes and you can't really plan for that.
That's good stuff. Especially when you don't know how they will react you have to think on your toes. I love the look you give when it takes a WTF turn suddenly because of the person you are interviewing.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah I just come up with whatever and boom I start recording Ha! Nice Channel Bro =) The wresting one was funny xD

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My usual work flow:

1. Idea pops up in the craziest situation.
2. Write down idea.
3. Get back to the idea and record the footage on the fly.
4. Make a rough cut.
5. Write a voiceover script for the rough cut.
6. Record the voiceover.
7. Make the final cut with voiceover.
8. Use the voice script for closed captions.

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
I write down everything in my notebook and sometimes randomly come up with entire video scripts lol

slayerkm

Daily Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I find myself writing ideas down so i don't forget..... (Sooo much goes on in my head ideas thrown left and right so things can get lost easily hahahah)

Then when it comes to recording i use those topics to spark ideas..
(this is for my sit down videos not my daily vlogs of course lol)

PocketPaul

PocketGamer & Professional Rambler
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't exactly write a script, but i do jot ideas down on a pad when i think of them. I also usually write a mental script in my head before i make a video on what i want to say and hope my video achieves. :)

Reactions: TranquilGeo