Votes: 5 16.1%
  • What's a description

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never have, Never will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
I usually read them, especially to learn who helped out in the video. Sometimes I'm like wow, was this made by one person? Seems like a whole team, then you look and see the other people credited and how they helped out.

I always get mad at the "what's the song" despite it being in the video credits really clearly AND in the description -_-

I usually read them, especially to learn who helped out in the video. Sometimes I'm like wow, was this made by one person? Seems like a whole team, then you look and see the other people credited and how they helped out.

I always get mad at the "what's the song" despite it being in the video credits really clearly AND in the description -_-
I know exactly how you feel, it drives me insane, it's like people just don't care anymore, it's run forward on your own and leave any info in the dust.

I do, but I find that a lot of the time, YouTube creators just put the exact same copy in every video, or they don't use descriptions at all. If all you have is your social media links in your description, then I'll go there once and read them (and follow you if I like you) and that's it. However, if you have an instructional video (like a recipe) and you don't provide more information in your description, you're missing out on a ton of searchers and also short-changing your viewers with stuff they may miss in the video content.

Back