• Never have, Never will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
I read the description if a link is mentioned in a video and I need to find said link. Or if I want to find a source to the YouTuber's social media!

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So from my own experiences my subs and people I see on big channels don't read the description people put up, and I just feel like more and more people are ignoring the description, and will just straight up ask a question that the person has CLEARLY stated is in the description whether it be an answer or just a link to a game or video etc etc.

So what I want to know is how many of you HONESTLY read the descriptions on other people's video. I know editing is a difficult thing to do but I can see descriptions and what not becoming just as difficult if you want to stand out.

Might just be me but there has to be somebody else who reads them right?
Someone who always reads your description in full detail is the youtube algorithm. So make sure you write one!

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I personally like reading the description box, especially if they linked a product from their video there! Easy to find other videos or products to buy!

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do read descriptions if I'm looking for resources, but my fans and subs hardly do.

Still, answering them boosts your videos SERP and you don't sound off as too rude without using the typical "Read the description" comments.

CubuZi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I read the description

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

TheChillyPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I do. I'd like it if people read mine because sometimes I do put important information in there that I forget to say in the video so I like to do the same for other creators :)