• Sometimes

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

PhoenixAnimus

The king of the fire birds
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So from my own experiences my subs and people I see on big channels don't read the description people put up, and I just feel like more and more people are ignoring the description, and will just straight up ask a question that the person has CLEARLY stated is in the description whether it be an answer or just a link to a game or video etc etc.

So what I want to know is how many of you HONESTLY read the descriptions on other people's video. I know editing is a difficult thing to do but I can see descriptions and what not becoming just as difficult if you want to stand out.

Might just be me but there has to be somebody else who reads them right?

Reactions: tlegacytv

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Barely. Most of the time no, but sometimes I do tend to click it for no apparent reason :/ Maybe its so I could learn how to professionally put descriptions in my videos. There are ones that I like though, like funny troll descriptions.

PhoenixAnimus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Barely. Most of the time no, but sometimes I do tend to click it for no apparent reason :/ Maybe its so I could learn how to professionally put descriptions in my videos. There are ones that I like though, like funny troll descriptions.
Yeah those are nice, it's just sad not many people see them anymore, heck some people do troll or call people out as a joke but because the fans don't see the description they just go and destroy that channel the video was about.

Reactions: Arachnophobik

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah those are nice, it's just sad not many people see them anymore, heck some people do troll or call people out as a joke but because the fans don't see the description they just go and destroy that channel the video was about.
exactly! Sometimes people really need to look into the descriptions just to know what the video is really about or if a certain video is real or scripted

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I only read it if they say to in the video. Like, check the description for the link to the site, or to download the software, etc.

I think it's just a really good opportunity to increase your SEO.

PhoenixAnimus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I only read it if they say to in the video. Like, check the description for the link to the site, or to download the software, etc.

I think it's just a really good opportunity to increase your SEO.
SEO? Can't say I know what that means (I'm a tad on the dumb side sorry)

thereagan

Reaction score
i read descriptions for the video i'm interested (let's say 1 out of 10 videos i watch), my subs never read descriptions . sadlife.

Reactions: PhoenixAnimus

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@PhoenixAnimus Let's say your video is about hacking an xbox console. In your description you would be sure to mention you're hacking an xbox, and other things using keywords you want people to find your video with.

SEO - Search Engine Optimization

PhoenixAnimus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@PhoenixAnimus Let's say your video is about hacking an xbox console. In your description you would be sure to mention you're hacking an xbox, and other things using keywords you want people to find your video with.

SEO - Search Engine Optimization
Ahhhhh well thank you very much for explaining that to me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1474452974,1474452925][/DOUBLEPOST]
i read descriptions for the video i'm interested (let's say 1 out of 10 videos i watch), my subs never read descriptions . sadlife.
Yeah I know that feeling, did a giveaway yonks ago, heck if one person had looked they would have gotten a couple of steam cards. Their loss I suppose.

Reactions: newage