Did Anyone Else Take a Hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
NO, this is not a post about taking a hit of a joint. But god knows it'd be more interesting if that was the topic matter. As of yesterday, I had 138 subscribers. However, last night, apparently YouTube did a "dead subscriber scrub" and eliminated a lot of subs from some accounts- including mine. I woke up with 68 subscribers left this morning! Now, I know YouTube isn't about numbers, but, it's really frustrating for me to see such a significant drop after working hard to get where I was. Even Casey Neistat was affected, losing about 23,000 subs! Part of me is thankful because I guess now I know who my more engaged audience is, but the other part of me is pretty upset. So, I was wondering if anyone else found themselves in the same situation this morning. Let me know!

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

mostafagado

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, this actually happened to me too! I think from time to time, YouTube removes accounts that violate their terms so, your subscriber count will be affected.

Reactions: Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, this actually happened to me too! I think from time to time, YouTube removes accounts that violate their terms so, your subscriber count will be affected.
Ah, I see. This makes sense.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm really trying to wrap my head how some channels especially new ones like you would lose so much subs. There are other channels who I know have been up for many years who I keep track of who didn't lose even 1 sub. Is there more purges to come? Cuz I'm gonna get frustrated if they magically gave me 19 subs only to take away 100 or something.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've been watching some other videos on the topic and it seems there are many accounts who lost subscribers who were actually active. This is really saddening. Can anyone confirm here if they magically got unsubbed to channels they watch?

Taylor Hoffman

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I didn't have a very massive hit, I only lost about 3 to 4 subscribers, it wasn't a big deal to us smaller YouTubers, but I assume to the much larger YouTubers out there that there was a much bigger hit than usual. Hopefully things are alright with everyone :)

DanDaSimmer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Since my Dan's Life channel is nice and new I managed not to lose any susbcribers- Awesome!
On DanDaSimmer however, I lost 8 subscribers. I was one subscriber away from 450. Damn! But 8 subscribers is pretty good, considering I've had the channel since 2008 :)

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here Rachel i'll get more later

View attachment 36170
HAHAHA i will never be over this.

I've been watching some other videos on the topic and it seems there are many accounts who lost subscribers who were actually active. This is really saddening. Can anyone confirm here if they magically got unsubbed to channels they watch?
Yes! I've heard the same thing. It's so frustrating because my channel is pretty new so how could there be any "dead subscribers"?

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I went to check if i'm still subscribed to you just to see if maybe its not just inactive subs but i'm still subbed.

Ayeee look at that appropriate number of subs you got though
8fb95837b329eef1933362b7f5244030.png
I'm sorry i'm still 12 :hilarious2:

Status
Not open for further replies.