Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This. If it's getting views, it is wanted right? Particularly high retention views with a fair amount of likes and not that many dislikes. So YouTube itself promotes content and then says it's unwanted.

When reapplying for monetisation, should I delete videos that I think might get me knocked back, or just privatise them? If I delete them, then people who have reuploaded them (there are lots reuploads of my videos) will have more recent uploads of my original content!
Why are there people re-uploading your content? What the hell??

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why are there people re-uploading your content? What the hell??
I don't think they know how wrong it is. It's mainly kids (under 12) recording the screen externally. Several of my reloaded videos have 100s of thousands of views. I have copyright striked a lot of them, but couldn't be bothered to do all of them, but I might have to now.

StefaTGM

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Hows your day going? well i can say mine not so good .. got email saying my Channel has been demonetized so i came here as every heart broken human to ask you guys for suggestions and help.
So to start first my channel is based on gaming content specific game is Euro Truck Simulator 2 it's the game i make videos since release of it and it's is main content on channel. Well so my first videos on channel were based on the release of the game so whats new, what trucks are in game, how to mod a truck, how to make trailer skins and lot lot of tutorials, new maps and things like that, later as game was growing the new updates every months or so were getting released and with that i started making videos about the updates so lets say new truck is released or some other new feature is released i record those new thing put in video explain how they work with text narration and upload.
My videos were not voice but Text Narration like Explaining how it works whats the new on new truck whats new cities on new map and things like that. After that as game grow multiplayer released for game and so then i started making Funny moments so it was compilations of videos where ppl send me videos thru my form and they agree to give me permission to add and edit their video in my compilation videos. Those videos i started uploading back in 2016 and i was uploading 1 video per months and in this 3 years or so i made around 25 Video Compilations which are called Funny Random Moments. That aside my regular video Schedules were making videos about new Features which came thru updates to the game. Well so it was until the start of this year i started uploading more content which was Funny moments as there were not rly much updates to the game, so i uploaded 4 videos of funny moments in 2 months and I came up with the new idea of making videos which are based on which truck is faster so Truck vs Truck races and pulling heavy cargoes. So now i am here to ask you,
Those compilation videos are they the reason why i lost Monetization? i have around 360 videos on channel and 25 videos were based on Compilations Funny Moments. So do you think they hurt my channel and should i remove them? and now the videos idea i have Truck vs Truck or for example i was thinking to make " What Transmission is better for pulling cargoes" for next video, do you think those video would be able to monetize? and now for my last question do you think making Videos about New updates which game received and showing/explaining new things with text narration should i continue making those videos? would they be still interested for advertisers?

I would like to continue making videos and i will but taking the right direction would be good start now, Hope you guys can help me and not bash on me very much

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone, Hows your day going? well i can say mine not so good .. got email saying my Channel has been demonetized so i came here as every heart broken human to ask you guys for suggestions and help.
So to start first my channel is based on gaming content specific game is Euro Truck Simulator 2 it's the game i make videos since release of it and it's is main content on channel. Well so my first videos on channel were based on the release of the game so whats new, what trucks are in game, how to mod a truck, how to make trailer skins and lot lot of tutorials, new maps and things like that, later as game was growing the new updates every months or so were getting released and with that i started making videos about the updates so lets say new truck is released or some other new feature is released i record those new thing put in video explain how they work with text narration and upload.
My videos were not voice but Text Narration like Explaining how it works whats the new on new truck whats new cities on new map and things like that. After that as game grow multiplayer released for game and so then i started making Funny moments so it was compilations of videos where ppl send me videos thru my form and they agree to give me permission to add and edit their video in my compilation videos. Those videos i started uploading back in 2016 and i was uploading 1 video per months and in this 3 years or so i made around 25 Video Compilations which are called Funny Random Moments. That aside my regular video Schedules were making videos about new Features which came thru updates to the game. Well so it was until the start of this year i started uploading more content which was Funny moments as there were not rly much updates to the game, so i uploaded 4 videos of funny moments in 2 months and I came up with the new idea of making videos which are based on which truck is faster so Truck vs Truck races and pulling heavy cargoes. So now i am here to ask you,
Those compilation videos are they the reason why i lost Monetization? i have around 360 videos on channel and 25 videos were based on Compilations Funny Moments. So do you think they hurt my channel and should i remove them? and now the videos idea i have Truck vs Truck or for example i was thinking to make " What Transmission is better for pulling cargoes" for next video, do you think those video would be able to monetize? and now for my last question do you think making Videos about New updates which game received and showing/explaining new things with text narration should i continue making those videos? would they be still interested for advertisers?

I would like to continue making videos and i will but taking the right direction would be good start now, Hope you guys can help me and not bash on me very much
I would say you need to add valuable commentary, that was probable the reason why you got rejected! just buy a mic, explain what you are doing and give tips/tricks

StefaTGM

Reaction score
Yes that would definitely make sense, but what should do now should i delete all those old videos? or just Compilations?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes that would definitely make sense, but what should do now should i delete all those old videos? or just Compilations?
If you want to play it ultra safe then yeah,, delete them.. I believe that top tens channels / complications are being demonetised but I don't have any source for that. Try asking in a Google Product Forum

StefaTGM

Reaction score
Yeah i will see but thanks for your suggestion man, i will be starting to do now videos but with Commentary, i deleted all Compilation videos which are 25 of them and to be honest those were the top videos so i am pretty sure they ruined my small channel and for that they didnt even wanted to look at my other videos which i spent hours and hours to make :D[DOUBLEPOST=1551207454,1551194635][/DOUBLEPOST]Hold on a second! Youtube clearly states

Video game and software content
What can I monetize?
Video game content may be monetized depending on the commercial use rights granted to you by licenses of video game publishers. Some video game publishers allow you to use all video game content for commercial use and state that in their license agreements. Likewise, videos showing software user interface may be monetized only if you have a contract with the publisher or you have paid a licensing fee.

With that said the company which game i am making videos about gave as License where they state
they are allowing all creators to make videos about game and monetize it i have that License here in Pdf signed by CEO of the company Pavel Sebor

Do you think this will work guys? My content just 100% about that game and it's the content that company like!
Do i have a chance guys?

boostowin

Reaction score
Hey yall I lost monetization on my channel back in Sep. '18 for "duplication," made some fixes and got it back in Dec. '18. Now just the other day I got demonetized again for "reused content." All my footage is original, however, just before the recent demonetization one of my recent videos got a copyright claim for audio from a song playing loudly in the background where I was filming. I did an audio swap and then did a dispute which is still in progress. And then shortly after that claim, I was uploading my next video which got a copyright claim for the same reason before I even sent it live. So I deleted that to re-edit it and the next day my channel is demonetized.

So do you think the back-to-back audio claims are enough to trigger the demonetization or is there most likely more issues than that? In this same time frame, someone ripped and uploaded the entirety of one of my videos as well. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So do you think the back-to-back audio claims are enough to trigger the demonetization or is there most likely more issues than that? In this same time frame, someone ripped and uploaded the entirety of one of my videos as well. Thanks for your time.
I don't think so, I got THREE in a row last week from Concert footage I used.
The video gets demonetized but not the channel.

Reactions: vineet