Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

FrostedGH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
On one of my more recent videos, a video which contained only an original song which I created was deemed "Not suitable for all advertisers" just as literally every single upload that I've done recently has gone through, what I don't understand is... why?

The song had no lyrics, the video was just a guitar hero background, and the title/tags/description were all clean. Why are my videos being targetted as soon as they're uploaded?

Reactions: GrillinRandy

FrostedGH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's honestly gotten to the point where I'm searching for new websites to post to. I don't want my content to be flagged as it's completely harmless, and entirely my own creation. I should reap the benefits of my work, rather than get s**t on by a garbage website

Reactions: vineet and Mr.Human

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One of my videos was finally deemed unsuitable as well. I don't know why they chose that one, it was literally a game update video. Not really any different from any of the other stuff I upload. I read their guidelines and I didn't break any to the best of my knowledge so I'm going to challenge it(once it reaches 1000 views apparently) and see what happens. Hopefully at least get an automated explanation.

Hopefully they'll get the system fine tuned sooner rather than later...

Reactions: JonnyBoi

FrostedGH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
One of my videos was finally deemed unsuitable as well. I don't know why they chose that one, it was literally a game update video. Not really any different from any of the other stuff I upload. I read their guidelines and I didn't break any to the best of my knowledge so I'm going to challenge it and see what happens. Hopefully at least get an automated explanation.

Hopefully they'll get the system fine tuned sooner rather than later...
The sad thing is, this exact same thing has been happening for nearly a year now (iirc)

It's only just now effecting me because my channel is only just now "big" enough to gain the slightest bit of attention, and until I average 1k views per video, youtube won't even take my "challenges" into consideration...

Ohhh the disadvantages of being a small channel

Reactions: iJustin

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a bunch of mine that are not suitable. It's probably because I tend to swear a lot and sometimes it's within the first 10 seconds of the video. But oh well. F*&k it. For now.

Reactions: JayPlaysOfficial

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've had the same happen on a couple my videos for no reason since they don't break the guidelines. One of them has been changed back to being monetized normally so chances are yours could just change back at some point.

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont know how my Evilelmo series is ad friendly... Elmo swears at least once or twice a vid and they can easily be miss understood as kids show on first glance lol
So far i have had no ad problems and my channel seems to be growing

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the video monetization discussion forum. =)

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Our 2nd channel eclipse video just got the "not suitable for all advertisers". Nothing remotely controversial in it, nothing copywritten. I have no idea why this would happen to this video, it seems purely random.

My wife's idea is that it has something to do with YouTube's captioning system. She thinks maybe one of the words got misunderstood as a controversial word and that automatically flagged it. But I don't know if that's true, just a theory. I mentioned a bottle of iced tea and the captioning put "Ice-T", the controversial rapper. I wonder if that's it? There's really nothing in the video even remotely offensive.