Creating an Audio Story

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! So this is how I usually put together an Audio Story!

1. Make sure to have a good quality recording mic.
2. Make sure you speak at a reasonable distance away from the mic.
3. Using Pro Tools, make enough tracks. One for Voice overs, one for sound effects and one for music.
4. Always make a master fader track
5. Mix your track how you like, make sure you use a compressor to smooth out some weird vocals.
6. Look through VO for pops and clicks.
7. Look online for royalty free music.
8. Mix everything together and bounce the file.
9. Put audio in premiere and add video overlay if you wish.
10. Export and post! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1523990023,1523989983][/DOUBLEPOST]This is just a simple run through. There may be other things that you'll need to do or want to do.

AL3

Reaction score
Nice workflow. I'ts great to see how other creators work on their videos.

GrimKingGrim

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's your thoughts on Audacity as a mixing tool?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What's your thoughts on Audacity as a mixing tool?
I use Audacity for all sorts of audio related stuff. Recording short snippets, normalizing audio, quick trimming, format conversion etc.
For VO-ing existing videos or scoring movies I regularly use Reaper, though. It's that much more powerful (overwhelmingly powerful that's why I still use Audacity).

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
4. Always make a master fader track
[DOUBLEPOST=1523990023,1523989983][/DOUBLEPOST]This is just a simple run through. There may be other things that you'll need to do or want to do.
What is a master fader track?

Also what is audacity that Hienergy and Grim mentions?? I record with a lapel mic plugged into my iphone and upload for editing to final cut pro. Is Audacity something that would additionally help me? I have to do numerous takes of any speech i do as I as not very good at speaks clearly, also needs lot of editing afterwards.

Thanks