CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hello everyone.

I have only just joined the forum as a friend of mine only just told me about it last night. So far its looking amazing.

The last 6 years of my life have been a serious struggle because of an unfortunate accident i had. The consequence is that its extremely hard for me to get a job these days because of several factors.
This is why, after 6 years of trying, I decided to try and start my own little business on the internet and what better place to start then YouTube.

But, so far, i am struggling with it and could use some advice on how to attract more subscribers matching my content. I've started a month ago and have about 10 video's now, yet i did not manage to get more then 42 subscribers. I am using twitter and Facebook groups as a medium to attract more people as well, but this is not working to well so far.

Could anyone or everyone experienced at this, have a look at my channel, and give me some advice to improve it? And also some advice on how to spread out the existence of my channel? Sub for sub is a bad idea as that won't get me active subscribers that truly want to see what I create, but what is a good strategy?

Thank you so much.
Kind regards
Cubi Craft

Last edited:

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hello everyone.

I have only just joined the forum as a friend of mine only just told me about it last night. So far its looking amazing.

The last 6 years of my life have been a serious struggle because of an unfortunate accident i had. The consequence is that its extremely hard for me to get a job these days because of several factors.
This is why, after 6 years of trying, I decided to try and start my own little business on the internet and what better place to start then YouTube.

But, so far, i am struggling with it and could use some advice on how to attract more subscribers matching my content. I've started a month ago and have about 10 video's now, yet i did not manage to get more then 42 subscribers. I am using twitter and Facebook groups as a medium to attract more people as well, but this is not working to well so far.

Could anyone or everyone experienced at this, have a look at my channel, and give me some advice to improve it? And also some advice on how to spread out the existence of my channel?

Thank you so much.
Kind regards
Cubi Craft
Okay! I don't know much, but I'll give you what I do know.

1. Your channel link isn't working. Immediate disadvantage! Plus, I don't know what your channel is called so I can't even search for you manually, either.

2. I saw in your introduction post that you do Minecraft content? If I'm correct in reading that, I think I have an idea. Minecraft is HUGE. It's like the second most searched term after Music, I think. So, there are literally millions of videos out there, meaning whatever you're making had better offer something different or it doesn't stand a change of standing out in the search rankings. I haven't seen your titles/thumbnails so I can't judge on those yet.

3. Don't forget that you can link to your other social media in your signature, too! I'm a big fan of social media marketing, Twitter in particular. One thing I've noticed time and time again is that people set up social media and use it for literally nothing but self-promotion. Promote your content, sure - but doing that and only that makes you look like a robot. If you wanna draw people in with your perspectives and personality, Facebook & Twitter are a perfect way to get started. Talk about what you like, or things relevant to your content; share behind the scenes stuff, tell 'em what you're working on, talk about other people who inspire and motivate you. All these little things add up and people start to see you for the person you are, not just someone whose sole interest is to get Internet-famous.

That's all I can think off for now, I hope you found it useful!

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay! I don't know much, but I'll give you what I do know.

1. Your channel link isn't working. Immediate disadvantage! Plus, I don't know what your channel is called so I can't even search for you manually, either.

2. I saw in your introduction post that you do Minecraft content? If I'm correct in reading that, I think I have an idea. Minecraft is HUGE. It's like the second most searched term after Music, I think. So, there are literally millions of videos out there, meaning whatever you're making had better offer something different or it doesn't stand a change of standing out in the search rankings. I haven't seen your titles/thumbnails so I can't judge on those yet.

3. Don't forget that you can link to your other social media in your signature, too! I'm a big fan of social media marketing, Twitter in particular. One thing I've noticed time and time again is that people set up social media and use it for literally nothing but self-promotion. Promote your content, sure - but doing that and only that makes you look like a robot. If you wanna draw people in with your perspectives and personality, Facebook & Twitter are a perfect way to get started. Talk about what you like, or things relevant to your content; share behind the scenes stuff, tell 'em what you're working on, talk about other people who inspire and motivate you. All these little things add up and people start to see you for the person you are, not just someone whose sole interest is to get Internet-famous.

That's all I can think off for now, I hope you found it useful!
1. The link should work now, it works when i click it...
2. I hope i offer unique things, at least, i try to :)
3.. I have twitter set up and Facebook as well, a personal page where people can get to know me as a person and a group page that displays upcoming video's and posted video's + other relevant information concerning the YouTube channel. Twitter i am new to, so im still learning that part :p
But all this has only gotten me 42 subscribers so far.
So there must be something wrong, i just can't find what it is. :)

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
1. The link should work now, it works when i click it...
2. I hope i offer unique things, at least, i try to :)
3.. I have twitter set up and Facebook as well, a personal page where people can get to know me as a person and a group page that displays upcoming video's and posted video's + other relevant information concerning the YouTube channel. Twitter i am new to, so im still learning that part :p
But all this has only gotten me 42 subscribers so far.
So there must be something wrong, i just can't find what it is. :)
You've only been doing this a month with 10 videos, you can't expect to be famous just yet! Give it time.

Reactions: CubiCraft

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You've only been doing this a month with 10 videos, you can't expect to be famous just yet! Give it time.
nono, ofcourse not, thats going to take a few years at least, i m well aware of that, but 42 seems a little low for a moth tho. Or am i wrong on that?

DearDarcy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Its definitely not low, its actually really good buy one thing i would say is the thumbnail, your channel needs like a thumbnail design as its very dark and doesn't look Enticing too watch, also thumbnails dont always need your Logo on them but if you wanted them in then put it in the corner and then use colourful pictures to brighten it up, Look at the top minecraft videos and take note of theres :)

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its definitely not low, its actually really good buy one thing i would say is the thumbnail, your channel needs like a thumbnail design as its very dark and doesn't look Enticing too watch, also thumbnails dont always need your Logo on them but if you wanted them in then put it in the corner and then use colourful pictures to brighten it up, Look at the top minecraft videos and take note of theres :)
great tip, thank you. Is the thumbnail i made for my latest video what i should focus on more then? The air balloon tutorial one.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you're trying to run before you can walk. 42 subscribers is good for a month old channel. It took me twice that time to get 50 subscribers. Growth takes time and effort. So just keep going, find what works and keep doing that. Comments work really well for me but might not for you.

I would also look more closely at your branding. Your thumbnails are too dark and cluttered in places, and there's no consistency with fonts and colours. I say this to a lot of people that branding is one of the most important things to get right for your channel. I suggest you find a colour pallet website and pick 3 colours that compliment each other and use that through your whole channel. Thumbnails avatar, logo and channel art. Do the same with fonts as well. Have a look at my channel if you want to know what I mean. Basically you want people to know who cubicraft is just by seeing the logo or thumbnails and instantly know what your videos are like and who you are. I'm not saying my branding is perfect but if you saw my logo in a comment somewhere and you'd watched my stuff before, you'd instantly recognise my logo and know what kind of videos I make.

That's my 2 cents anyway lol. Hope it helps