Copyright Claims!

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I had an outro with a song called: Knife Party - Bonfire, and I have been using this outro for about 1 year or so and last week someone had the guts to copyright claim one of my videos only 1 because of the outro song -_-
and I had to delete that video because the people who claimed the videos wanted to get the ad revenue for it instead of me -_-

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You can submit a counter strike ticket though, if you have permission to use that song then you should be ok and they won't be able to get any ad revenue from you.

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can submit a counter strike ticket though, if you have permission to use that song then you should be ok and they won't be able to get any ad revenue from you.
I know, but I deleted the videos because I was stupid, and non of my videos have been copyright claimed that have the same outro!

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think it's because it falls into Fair Use. You should be fine using it and you shouldn't have deleted it lol

Reactions: Anjim

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's because it falls into Fair Use. You should be fine using it and you shouldn't have deleted it lol
Yeah I know well It happened that's that :/

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Do you have the proper permissions to be using that song in your videos?

If not, why shouldn't they be able to claim income from your use of it?

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer

If you only use it for like a few seconds (outro) then you don't need to ask for permissions because it falls into Fair Use. There is lots of info about it but yeah

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

I have made over 40 videos +/- with that outro and none of them where copyright claimed, but only this one video?
The Outro was 15 seconds and I credit the owner of the song in the description

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you only use it for like a few seconds (outro) then you don't need to ask for permissions because it falls into Fair Use. There is lots of info about it but yeah
If you had read any of the information regarding fair use, you would know that this does not fit the requirements.

It only being a couple of seconds does not make it alright to use.[DOUBLEPOST=1468239140,1468238651][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have made over 40 videos +/- with that outro and none of them where copyright claimed, but only this one video?
The Outro was 15 seconds and I credit the owner of the song in the description
All that tells me is that you have 39 other videos which could, at some point, be claimed and monetized by the song owner.

Crediting the song owner is meaningless and does not give you the right to use it without permission...nor are you safe because you only used 15 seconds.

Without the proper permissions or fulfilling the requirements for fair use (you don't), there is no safe amount of music you can use. Any use- need it be 1 second or the entire song is unauthorized and you could expect to be monetized or restricted in certain countries.

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you had read any of the information regarding fair use, you would know that this does not fit the requirements.

It only being a couple of seconds does not make it alright to use.[DOUBLEPOST=1468239140,1468238651][/DOUBLEPOST]

All that tells me is that you have 39 other videos which could, at some point, be claimed and monetized by the song owner.

Crediting the song owner is meaningless and does not give you the right to use it without permission...nor are you safe because you only used 15 seconds.

Without the proper permissions or fulfilling the requirements for fair use (you don't), there is no safe amount of music you can use. Any use- need it be 1 second or the entire song is unauthorized and you could expect to be monetized or restricted in certain countries.
Well yes I know, and I changed my outro because of that, and also It was not claimed by knife party I think