Conversion rates?

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So my channel is only about a month old, growth the first two weeks exploded ( in my eyes) and i hit about 40 subs, but over the last week or two i've only gained 6 subs but my views are still going up, I just passed 400 views. I did a little experiment and posted a new video and didn't promote it just did some SEO and let it roll, and it has 85 views so far ( which is the most for a single video on my channel so far). Now my question is, Using tube buddy and google analytics i can see my traffic rates and how many are return visitors etc. and a fairly large chunk are new viewers, but they don't subscribe. Is there any sort of tips or tricks to get people that view your vids to subscribe? I know views are important too but i feel like the channel is stuck ( i've been at 46 subs since Saturday) and my average watch time on my last view videos seems to be pretty decent so not sure what it is. Any thoughts are appreciated. =]

PS: looked for the rules for this sub but didn't see a link to it anywhere?

HowToDudes

Reaction score
Try and do unique things and put a lot of twists in your video to make them very entertaining. You need to make sure you can make great first impressions On new viewers.

Reactions: Br1anL

GameThumb

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You just started. From my experience it takes quite some time for Youtube to notice your channel. I would say focus on making videos and upload regulary. Every new video you upload you advance. It took like a year for me to get to 100 subs. Just today I gained 100 subs.
Take advantage of this forum, read and learn, then use that knowledge.
Good luck.

Reactions: Functro

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You just started. From my experience it takes quite some time for Youtube to notice your channel. I would say focus on making videos and upload regulary. Every new video you upload you advance. It took like a year for me to get to 100 subs. Just today I gained 100 subs.
Good luck.
I think you got a little bit more than 100 subs haha

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good luck.

Yeah this forum has been awesome! Im just going to pump out content and see where it goes =] Its nice that im getting views and some engagement.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
40 subs from 400 views is amazing. 1 in 10! I get about 1 from every 400 views.
Count yourself lucky.

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
40 subs from 400 views is amazing. 1 in 10! I get about 1 from every 400 views.
Count yourself lucky.
Yeah good point =] Thanks! My goal is 50 by the end of the month, so hopefully I can hit that but if not atleast my ratio is good.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I focused solely on converting friends to get my first 100 subs. Do you have a personal Facebook page? I willing to bet you have a few hundred friends there. Our friends want us to succeed. Make a post or two asking your friends to support you by subscribing to your new channel. (Don't put the link to your channel in the actual post, because Facebook will not display your post to many people. They don't want users to leave Facebook for another site. Instead, write a post about your new channel, but put the link to your best video in the first comment, and in your Facebook post state "Link to video in first comment." This will increase the number of friends that will see it.)

The first 100 are the hardest. Make it easy on yourself by compelling friends and family to be those first 100.

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I focused solely on converting friends to get my first 100 subs. Do you have a personal Facebook page? I willing to bet you have a few hundred friends there. Our friends want us to succeed. Make a post or two asking your friends to support you by subscribing to your new channel. (Don't put the link to your channel in the actual post, because Facebook will not display your post to many people. They don't want users to leave Facebook for another site. Instead, write a post about your new channel, but put the link to your best video in the first comment, and in your Facebook post state "Link to video in first comment." This will increase the number of friends that will see it.)

The first 100 are the hardest. Make it easy on yourself by compelling friends and family to be those first 100.
I made a post and thats how I got my first 25 or 30, but I didnt know that fb limits your posts if you have links in them, I had a link in mine. Ill make another without the link and just put a video link as a comment like you said and see if that gets more reach! Thanks! =]