Character dialogue with a mask?

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So i have a character in my film that...well doesn't wear a mask but duct tape, and i want him to speak dialogue, i thought at first it would be weird and unnatural yet Spiderman, Deadpool, and all these characters wear mask and talk through them and it seems so natural i mean yes granted despite not seeing the mouth they can still speak, but just fundamentally the mouth is covered in both situations, so i was wondering if any of you have tips for me to make the dialogue sound naturalso it doesn't sound like a voice over?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Pretty simple record dialog and make the actor move like he is talking normally, then reduce the sound of the audio add some echo if they are indoors etc.

Essentially listen to the other actors lines and try to modify the audio to sound similar or the same to their voices hope that helped!

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Pretty simple record dialog and make the actor move like he is talking normally, then reduce the sound of the audio add some echo if they are indoors etc.

Essentially listen to the other actors lines and try to modify the audio to sound similar or the same to their voices hope that helped!
Quick, simple to the point yes my good sir that did help

Reactions: DigiBox

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No, be realistic and talk through it. Do it. It's cheating otherwise. STAY WOKE.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I did it with tape around my mouth, but that's a bit different. And if it can't be done in real life, people might wonder how it's being done at all. But then again, maybe they'll suspend their disbelief. Or you can lampshade it with a joke.