Surreal469

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started an instagram and updated it with mini vids of me talking about what was coming up on my channel that day. But with there not being a way to click on a link to the video I want people to watch, and very few legit likes, my question is, does IG work as a way to promote your channel or is it too detached and insolated to accomplish anything? Has anyone here made it work? How?

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The best way to do it is put a link to your channel in your instagram bio that link is then clickable so when you update instagram direct people to go to your bio to click on the link and Voilà they see your channel.

Reactions: PictureFIT

George Chen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think video for instagram is going to be BIG in the future. But as of right now it's still developing. I'm not sure having a video of you just talking and informing your audience of your content would cut it. I usually post pictures or montages to help keep my instagram audience engaged. Also, try to use hashtags and geotag because that's how most work gets noticed nowadays. I'm going to start briefly mentioning my youtube channel as i grow. But as of right now I think including a link to your bio is the best way.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Right now, I use instagram to post my thumbnails for my newest video and direct people to click on my profile link (which links to the channel). I'm thinking in the future, I will make snippets of the actual video and then direct them to see the rest of the video by clicking the profile link.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Right now, I use instagram to post my thumbnails for my newest video and direct people to click on my profile link (which links to the channel). I'm thinking in the future, I will make snippets of the actual video and then direct them to see the rest of the video by clicking the profile link.
I also do what PictureFIT does when it comes to instagram. I try to use as many relevant tags to my video topic as possible and put a link to my channel in my bio so people can click through to it there. Not sure how much it helps but every little bit counts!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I always post to Instagram when a new video is uploaded. I'm not sure about the follow-through, because my analytics don't show too much activity coming from Instagram, but I figure it's an easy enough thing to do.

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
thw ay i do it is a youtube link in your bio

Detline

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
mmmh I was wondering the same, I just stopped doing instagram stuff cuz I think it doesnt help

Reactions: Surreal469

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I heard instagram hashtags are often more active then hashtags on twitter or facebook. Haven't tried it myself yet though

Leon Lush

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is what I do. On my Instagram, I have a little bit of a mix of content that showcases my personality, but I keep the feed looking consistent and clean. When I export a video, I will choose what I think are the best 30 seconds, or even make a short montage, and post that to my Instagram with a call to action to click the bio link to see the full video. One recomendation I would make for your bio link it to use a link shortener (like bit.ly). So Instead of the link looking like this https://www.youtube.com/waatch?v=iTI0o7-asdvBFo .... it looks something like this bit.ly/HowToGetMoreViews <--- Little things like this actually can make a difference. In addition to that, the bit.ly dashboard keeps tracks of how many clicks your links are getting, so you can directly track how much traffic you are sending to your videos from your Instagram. This can be helpful if you are an analytics buff like I am. :happy:

With those things being said, it is tough to get people to go from one social media channel to another, so don't expect this to blow your video up... but every little bit helps when you are trying to get your video off the ground.

Feel free to check out my Instagram profile for examples of what I am talking about, the link is in my sig and my username is @leonlush.

All the best guys!