Can I have some feedback on some video ideas?

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a couple of video ideas that I would like some feedback on, and if anyone spots any idea that might cause problems for my channel it would be greatly appreciated that you respond with any issues or recommendations you have! Here are my ideas :

1) My own Anime Opening: I was thinking that I could make my own opening for my channel. This would not be used in every video, because it would be too long, but maybe in specials and stuff. I thought it was a cool idea, and I have a song picked out as well. I know how long it would take to make it, but I still feel like it would be worth it.

2) Retarded Discord: My friends and I mess around a lot on discord, so I was thinking that I could record some of our shenanigans and post them in a compilation video.

3) osu! Highlights: I stream a lot of osu! on my alternate channel, and I was thinking of maybe putting all the highlights together into a video. I don't know if this would be too different from my normal content, but I would try to make it funny, as usual.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
1. an opening (intro) opens nothing (denotes a newbie) and will give you massive bounce rate loosing over 50% of your viewers in the first 2 seconds! Which you will see as a pretty graph in your 'watch time %' analytics to remind of your failure. Remember they don't have to watch.. there are billions of other stuff on the internet they could be looking at. Only you will enjoy your intro- no1 else. You have to deliver what the title promised.. and fast!. which I'm sure won't say 'the best intro ever'!?.

2. i don't really know what discord is. Although I am part of group that use it as a mini forum.

3. i google osu and still don't know what it is lol sori

good luck

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
1. an opening (intro) opens nothing (denotes a newbie) and will give you massive bounce rate loosing over 50% of your viewers in the first 2 seconds! Which you will see as a pretty graph in your 'watch time %' analytics to remind of your failure. Remember they don't have to watch.. there are billions of other stuff on the internet they could be looking at. Only you will enjoy your intro- no1 else. You have to deliver what the title promised.. and fast!. which I'm sure won't say 'the best intro ever'!?.

2. i don't really know what discord is. Although I am part of group that use it as a mini forum.

3. i google osu and still don't know what it is lol sori

good luck
First off, I would post the intro as a separate video, and wouldn't use it in almost any of my videos. Second, Discord is kind of like Skype for gamers. You can make servers, make roles that have special permissions, like join private channels or changing their nicknames, and it can also be used with private calls with up to 10 friends. I have a server that we use to mess around on, and I like messing around on other servers too, and in the video I would be showing me doing all the dumb and crazy stuff I do on a daily basis. Third, osu! is a Japanese Rythm game that is pretty hard, and there are plenty of videos of gameplay. I would post my funniest/most epic moments in a compilation-type video, but I don't normally do that kind of stuff. I was asking if it was a good idea.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
your opening would make a good channel trailer that you can play to either new channel home page visitors or returning subscribers, or both. Normally they are around 3 minutes and gives you an opportunity to engage visitors and a snapshot of what your channel is about.

Reactions: PhysicsFreak101