Can a YT channel interfere with future plans?

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, it depends if the content that you're currently producing on YouTube will have a direct impact on your future agenda. You shouldn't be ridiculed for having a hobby, and if someone finds your channel in 10 years time; so what? As long as your content couldn't be deemed as being offensive or unethical, there's not much they can say about it. Some people play tennis, some people drink, some people collect stamps, you make videos. It's just like any other interest; and I can't see it impacting a political career very much unless you broadcast opposing views on YouTube to what you preach IRL.

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I don't broadcast opposing views, but my videos could often be considered offensive, at least that's how I see it.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, I don't broadcast opposing views, but my videos could often be considered offensive, at least that's how I see it.
If public image is going to be important to you in your future career, and you have content that could be considered 'offensive' by a certain demograph - then yes, you should take action.