can a MCN that lets you monetize cover songs still have video pulled by copyright owners?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Someone is telling me that even if you are with a MCN like FullScreen or We Are The Hits that the copyright owners can still take down your video. I'm finding this hard to believe. If you talk to FullScreen or We Are The Hits who actually partner with each other they both tell me that they get the license and that you can use any songs in the list they provide and monetize legally. So if they get the license and you are part of the their MCN how can your video be taken down?[DOUBLEPOST=1443649113,1443574863][/DOUBLEPOST]I emailed We Are The Hits and was clearly told that a third party content owner can not take down a video if I've gone through We Are The Hits. The only way that would lead my video to be taken down is We Are The Hits would take it down if they changed contract terms and didn't have the license rights to the song anymore. But that the content owner couldn't take it down without going through the network first.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
If they have the license, unless you have in some way breached the terms of use of the music as covered in their license then legally no the owner cannot take down the video.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If they have the license, unless you have in some way breached the terms of use of the music as covered in their license then legally no the owner cannot take down the video.
That's what I thought. but someone told otherwise

Carter

Don't worry, I've got this.
Reaction score
Freedom! have licenses for this!
Unless something has changed in the last week or so, they don't have licenses for We Are The Hits or for cover songs of popular songs.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Unless something has changed in the last week or so, they don't have licenses for We Are The Hits or for cover songs of popular songs.
What do you mean? We Are The Hits has licenses! I am with them

kankyo11

△ NooBie ♎ Neko ♏
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Cover can monetize using AdSense = All Network allow Cover but some Network like Maker & Fullscreen they are have exclusive contract with UMG/WMG for cover song.

Carter

Don't worry, I've got this.
Reaction score
What do you mean? We Are The Hits has licenses! I am with them
I know We Are The Hits has licenses for cover songs, I wasn't talking about them. I was talking to @Daniel Gjokaj about Freedom's licenses (or the lack there of) for We Are The Hits.

Cover can monetize using AdSense = All Network allow Cover
Unless the song came from YouTube's cover library or the network in question has a deal with the music label, you are not allowed to monetize the cover song since you do not own the composition of the song (lyrics, background track, etc). You are only allowed to monetize videos on YouTube if you own complete rights to it or have permission from the original author to use it.

Reactions: kankyo11 and Shane