Camera for POV walking

FOGD

Reaction score
I am looking for a camera and microphone to record POV walking. Anyone got a tip? Been looking at gopro and other, but gopro got some sideways stabelizing problems from what I could read. So what would you recommend?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

I am looking for a camera and microphone to record POV walking. Anyone got a tip? Been looking at gopro and other, but gopro got some sideways stabelizing problems from what I could read. So what would you recommend?

I watch a lot of that type of video from cities that I like (Paris, London, NYC) and I always wondered how they filmed them. On one of the channels I watch with really good quality, the guy filming it passed in front of a very shiny window and you could see his reflection and I could see he was using a handheld gimbal stabilizer that he was simply holding in fornt of him at about chest height. He was holding it in one hand so it must have been quite light so I doubt it was a DSLR camera. It looked like some sort of a compact camera. So not sure for the camera but you'll definitely need a stabilizer.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
From small to big.

1. DJI Osmo Pocket
2. Action Cam with gimbal
3. Phone with gimbal
4. 4/3 with gimbal (Lumix G7 / G85 series as an example)
5. Full DSLR with gimbal

If you don't want too much attention, go with 1 or 2.
If you have a small budget, but already a good phone, go with 3.
If you want best quality go with 4 or 5. (5 for nighttime).

Reactions: Crown

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a Campark V30. Gyroscope on, EIS on. Either chest mounted or head mounted depending on the usage case.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
1. DJI Osmo Pocket
2. Action Cam with gimbal
3. Phone with gimbal
phone sounds like the least expansive, while DJI Osmo Pocket is probably the best for daylight videos & portability
personally I use Sony a6600 with pancake 20mm for compact vlogging, with a bluetooth grip trigger handle mini tripod, definitely not pocket friendly or very stable, but it depends what quality & capability you want from a camera, like sharp 4k, possibility of lens changes, bokeh, low light performance, mic port etc......