Best free editing software for starting off

Ryan Rambles

Liking YTtalk
Hey all

Long time no see. How are you all.. good... great.

So after a two year hiatus from YouTube I'm looking to get back into it. I still got my old camera but I'm looking for editing tools that are free to use (I would be looking into getting proper editing tool in the future but for now while I dip my toe back into YouTube. I'm looking to start off with a free editing soft ware

So what is the best free editing system currently going??

Many thanks for you time

P.s I know that that's is a sticky thread on editing software but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for in there also this is a nice way to say hi to you all.
Hi

Personally I use a Mac which comes with iMovie for free which is an awesome video editor, I've made many of my videos using it, even though I do have better software, it's just so simple and easy to use. (It's also on iPhone/iPad etc. and apparently has a lot of the same functionality, however I can't confirm that)
If you don't own or have access to a Mac, I've heard that Windows Movie Maker is actually pretty good now, especially just for basics like adding music, cuts etc.
You could also try Adobe Premier for free for 30 Days I believe... Smash out a few videos and go from there :)
Unfortunately, from what I've been able to find, a lot of editors that have free versions put Watermarks or have time limits etc. which make them really annoying to use. Good Luck! :D

For Mac users, iMovie is best! For windows user MOVIE MAKER is best. VideoPad Video Editor is free editing software I guess. But in my opinion ADOBE PREMIERE PRO is the best editing program so far. Only problem is that you need to purchase it.

I to this day think hitfilm4 express is the best its only draw back is can one export in 30fps unless you unlock the option but out of the box you can edit and composite videos free.

I used light works until recently (i purchased Filmora) light works is great, though I had to watched a couple of tutorials on how to use it at first. It's extremely profession and can do a lot... The free version will only export in 720p though....

If you're using a Mac, the best free software for video editing is definitely IMovie. It's super easy to learn and use in creating professional quality videos. It even has a feature to record footage from the webcam, which you can immediately edit afterwards within the software (rather than importing from a camera). Im unfortunately no longer too acquainted with Windows software, particularly Windows Movie Maker (which became really bad over time - could be wrong though as another poster mentioned its gotten better?). Hope this kinda helps? :) All the Best!

I do a lot of recording on my PC laptop with OBS but edit on iMovie on the Mac. It seems to be the best and most simple in my uneducated eyes!

Back