Best camera for video recording?

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm planning on getting a new camera!
Just wondering what are good cameras that can improve the quality of my videos? My budget is around $500-800.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm planning on getting a new camera!
Just wondering what are good cameras that can improve the quality of my videos? My budget is around $500-800.
For my videos I would get a GoPro Hero 5 Black. I plan on getting one sometime in the future, right now I can't justify buying one though.

justdarrell

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldnt get a gopro if youre looking for quality unless you were doing some action shoots and then only use it for action segments and not the whole video. I will be picking up a canon 80d when i can, im in Tokyo right now so its hard for me to spend that money when i still dont have a job here, but i would love to vlog around Tokyo.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wouldnt get a gopro if youre looking for quality unless you were doing some action shoots and then only use it for action segments and not the whole video. I will be picking up a canon 80d when i can, im in Tokyo right now so its hard for me to spend that money when i still dont have a job here, but i would love to vlog around Tokyo.
I get some pretty quality shots with my Hero 4 Black... If you are looking for adjustments like zoom and focus, then GoPro is not a good camera. But just the raw footage I get is pretty spectacular. I just like the durability plus the quality, I've done some really stupid things to my GoPros and they both still work somehow. My Hero 4 got ran over by my car in a car wash and somehow survived

justdarrell

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get some pretty quality shots with my Hero 4 Black... If you are looking for adjustments like zoom and focus, then GoPro is not a good camera. But just the raw footage I get is pretty spectacular. I just like the durability plus the quality, I've done some really stupid things to my GoPros and they both still work somehow. My Hero 4 got ran over by my car in a car wash and somehow survived
They are great for this. The colour quality and the seriously wide angles dont make it a camera to use for daily vlogs, it will give the viewer motion sickness.

MakaylaLynnB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Canon EOS Rebel T5i : I want this camera so much, it is one of the best you can get unless you want to splurge on movie equipment.

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm also looking to get a new camera. I use a GoPro and it's really good because it's durable and easy to use. It also has very high definition. The problem, however, is the colour quality. You could probably fix that with a decent editing program.

joshcary

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In that price range I really love the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7. With the 14mm - 42mm kit lens it's a great little camera. The flip out screen is useful if you're vlogging and shooting solo, and it puts out a really nice picture. The only downside to it (and pretty much every budget mirrorless/DSLR camera) is that it doesn't have a headphone output so you can't check audio as you go. We get around this on our run and gun DSLR setup by using the headphone output on our external monitor, but that adds to much to the budget to be useful for you.