Awkward Talking

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, sorry I am new to this but I have been
doing youtube since January 2017 but am still awkward talking in front of the camera so will that ever go away?

Reactions: KantoGaming

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
set a time to start recording with two hours free before it. walk around your house/room talking to yourself about everything and anything, maybe even play a game and commentate on it if that's the video you're about to do for the two hours. then sit down and start your video- talking aloud to yourself will seem more natural and you will manage to speak much more. really, though, it just depends on how long it takes to normalize talking.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you Oscar! I will definitely try this method before my nest video.

nomdee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I take a similar approach to what oscar does only I don't set aside specific time for it. I try to talk about a topic aloud as part of my normal daily routine. Typically for me it's while I'm driving to and from my job which is a half hour drive both ways. So that works out perfectly for me. You could do it in the shower or while working out. Either way just practicing is the best way to do it. I felt really awkward at first but I've definitely shown improvement.

btw, your channel link is broken. Post your channel bro. I'm always on the look out for more Gaming channels.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I take a similar approach to what oscar does only I don't set aside specific time for it. I try to talk about a topic aloud as part of my normal daily routine. Typically for me it's while I'm driving to and from my job which is a half hour drive both ways. So that works out perfectly for me. You could do it in the shower or while working out. Either way just practicing is the best way to do it. I felt really awkward at first but I've definitely shown improvement.

btw, your channel link is broken. Post your channel bro. I'm always on the look out for more Gaming channels.
Thanks and I know the link is broken do you know where I can fix it at ?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique Advice forum. =)

Practicing talking to the camera helps me a lot. Sometimes I set everything up and film a video that will never go online. I feel like I can chatter on and on about a subject in my room, but as soon as I have to talk to the camera, it feels so weird! :eek: But the more I practice, the more "normal" and easier it seems to become. :)

Reactions: OhioBoundGaming

Apcat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Other
set a time to start recording with two hours free before it. walk around your house/room talking to yourself about everything and anything, maybe even play a game and commentate on it if that's the video you're about to do for the two hours. then sit down and start your video- talking aloud to yourself will seem more natural and you will manage to speak much more. really, though, it just depends on how long it takes to normalize talking.
This is what I do, if you get used to talking to yourself you can kind of apply that to your videos, it all comes with repetition. I still struggle with it sometimes but i think I've come so much further since I've just kept doing it. Try not to judge yourself too harshly.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Will it go away it only depends from you, if you are shy but legal age, few pints will turn you from shy to best commentator on the world :D

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I remember how awkward it felt when we were first making videos! Just keep talking to the camera before your video, so you can get used to talking to yourself. We have eachother, so we have someone else to interact with, so it's not so bad, but maybe remember you're talking to someone else (your viewers) if it helps.

Julia and Claire

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've made quite a lot of videos and it still feels a little weird for me everytime record something!