AUDACITY BACKGROUND NOISE REMOVAL GUIDE

Kidarta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i thought i was one of the only ones who recorded with audacity. I guess not though; its a great free program and definitely gets the job done.

Voxxel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow thank you very much, I will start doing this on my videos to make them have better quality! I knew there was a reason I had Audacity installed! :p

William Kautz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I found out about this VB-Audio Virtual Cable and VST both of which are free and with VST and the Cable I can run Floorfish which is also free. Floorfish is a noise gate that runs in run time so I don't have to deal with much if any background noise.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
Noise Removal is second last in my workflow. EQ, Normalize and other edits augment what noise is left behind if you do it first. But that's just me.
I only used to edit, and then remove noise from the track; adding the other stages (I watched your video) does really boost the 'quality' of the audio - it's part of my new routine for audio now - cheers! ;)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
im just curious what the noise removal does like not the obvious removal of noise but how does it do it
You select a portion of audio that contains only background noise, ie microphone on but otherwise silent. This background signal noise frequency is then removed from the audio recording. The more noise you remove however, the more normal audio you remove as well. So it is an effect that really can only be so effective before it gives your audio track a hollow echo sound.