AUDACITY BACKGROUND NOISE REMOVAL GUIDE

No. It is really only useful for removing static continuous sounds. Fan noise, washing machine, furnace, etc. TV noise changes too often and you wouldn't get a good noise signal if you tried.

I actually just learned about this and made a tutorial about it myself. It will be very helpful since I get a layer of static in all my recordings from my sound card.

Thanks this helped so much, I got Audacity a while ago and I never knew what to do with it and now Audacity actually has a use for me, Thanks so much

Before I left the house for work I was working on figuring this out. Most the guides I could find were out dated, so thank you kindly for the help mate. This is really useful to me ^.^

Just like to throw in a tip here:

As a gamer, the computer is not really struggling with noise until I'm in the middle of playing. So I recommend recording your "noise profile" at the end of the track, not at the front. It means the sound of your external HDD spinning and your computer fans working overtime are included in your ambient noise profile.

Also, I normally run a dynamic compressor before noise removal, as it picks up some of the quieter sounds I'm making before cancelling out ambience. Prevents my turning into an android.

Believe it or not when I first started using sound removal I selected the entire video before running "detect noise" or whatever that button says. Essentially what I ended up doing was just turning down the volume on the entire file and then being forced to turn it back up in editing.... so fail on my part :-D This guide should help a lot of people waste a lot less time.

Back