Attaching a USB Mic to a Point-and-Shoot? Mic Advice?

kluless

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi, everyone. I have a gaming channel ready with videos, but I'm having some issues with recording equipment for my skits channel. I have a point-and-shoot camera, the Canon PowerShot S110, which can record in 1080p. However, the mic isn't great, but I do have a USB mic. Is there something I can buy to be able to transform the USB to something that can be plugged in to the camera, which uses one of those audio plugs?

Any alternative advice?

(I know this isn't an ideal setup, but I'd like to use it until I find out whether or not I'm truly interested in YouTube recording. I don't want to spend time and money buying a fancy camera and mic if I find out that I'm not really interested in this.)

Thanks so much!

Todd Talks

I'm Talkin' Here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Either search Google or Amazon for a female usb to 3.5 mm adapter. I've never used it so no idea if it would even work but it's out there.

Is there any way that you can plug the usb mic into your computer while recording?

Last edited:

kluless

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Either search Google or Amazon for a female usb to 3.5 mm adapter. I've never used it so no idea if it would even work but it's out there.

Is there any way that you can plug the usb mic into your computer while recording?
Thank you, Todd! I've looked them up, but it says they're suitable only for plugging into cars--is this just an auxiliary function?

I could plug the mic in to a laptop, but that would involve me carrying my laptop while trying to film--I feel like that would be difficult and strange! I'd have to hold the mic anyway, however, unless I find a way to clip it onto a rod or something. I have a Samson Go mic, so hopefully it won't be too hard.

BecomeAPrime

Professional Designer/Photographer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I recently spoke with Canon about trying to send my XLR Interface's output to my Canon 70D and they told me it likely was not possible. Being the power shot is the same maker my assumption is it can't be done. They said something is different about the signal it sends and the camera wont recognize it or something.

kluless

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I recently spoke with Canon about trying to send my XLR Interface's output to my Canon 70D and they told me it likely was not possible. Being the power shot is the same maker my assumption is it can't be done. They said something is different about the signal it sends and the camera wont recognize it or something.
Thanks so much for telling me! That's a disappointment.

Reactions: BecomeAPrime