Approached by TGN...

Fullscreen attempted to screw me over, I have also heard stories from a lot of people and they have had evidence in many cases.
Once again. I see no harm in a no lock-in or maybe even a one year lock-in for a small channel such as mine. I mean, what's the worst that can happen really?

And how did Fullscreen try to screw you over. With the size of your channel I doubt you make any real money of of that.

Basically what I would like to figure out here how this will positively OR negatively affect my channel. If you say you got screwed over (by a partner I'm not even talking about) I would love to know what to look for.

Anyway, keep em coming :)

How about bot/spam attacks from third parties? Most Ad Sense users do not know how to deal with those, so I would suggest joining a no-lock-in network at first and gradually learn how everything works.
Yes this is good, but locking in is never good. This is a good idea and I support this. But when you start to know about adsense and what to do, leave the partnership so they do not get 40% of your money.[DOUBLEPOST=1453199781,1453199682][/DOUBLEPOST]
Once again. I see no harm in a no lock-in or maybe even a one year lock-in for a small channel such as mine. I mean, what's the worst that can happen really?

And how did Fullscreen try to screw you over. With the size of your channel I doubt you make any real money of of that.

Basically what I would like to figure out here how this will positively OR negatively affect my channel. If you say you got screwed over (by a partner I'm not even talking about) I would love to know what to look for.

Anyway, keep em coming :)
Fullscreen offered me stuff that would never happen, I looked into it and I nearly got ripped off. I would be in a lock in too so I would not be able to decide where my channel would go.

Fullscreen offered me stuff that would never happen, I looked into it and I nearly got ripped off. I would be in a lock in too so I would not be able to decide where my channel would go.
You aren't really telling me anything here to be honest. "Stuff that would never happen" doesn't really cover anything. As well as saying you nearly got ripped off.

Whatever you do don't lock in, I'm locked in with Machinima...
I've heard some nasty things about Machinima last couple of months. But the same goes for you as well. Don't lock in because...

I absolutely see the benefit of not locking in, don't get me wrong, but telling me not to do it because it's bad doesn't really help me. I'm not even sure if I'm able to partner without locking in.

After reading this thread i can see why owlins is confused. No one is explaining WHY its a bad idea to partner as a small channel. All your saying is you can get ripped off but not explaining how or why!

I understand his point,

But TGN approached him, so they must see potential with his channel, hence why he has posted here asking what questions to answer during the negotiation period, if he can get written in his contract that they will for instance promote and give him SEO optimisation surely that will help him gain more views? or am I missing the point?
I get partnership requests all the time.
They just want more channels to leech off of :p

Back