Approached by TGN...

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was just talking in general.
The networks recruit people because they want to make money.
Sure! Completely agree. I'll be the first one to admit that. But that's really not my issue here at the moment ;)

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How can they leech of of my channel when there's nothing to leech?
Your channel is quite good for leeching as it is slowly growing each day and there is no community surrounding your channel, so you can not ask for their support if something happens between you and MCN. Most MCN's will use this and offer ridiculous contracts, basically imprisoning you for many years and if you imagine that there are 10 000 such channels without a voice, just stuck there generating money for their MCN overlord, you can guess the rest.

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
They approach everyone man. They send mass letters to try and get people to be locked in with something they do not want. They want lots of people. They see potiental in making money off him.
Depends. I was approach as well by TGN representative. But I was able to negotiate deal a bit better than freedom. So in that case, why shouldnt I give them chance? :)

I agree with JustTyler, if you're a small youtuber, they won't care about you at all..
They only care about the big ones.. At least.. that has been my experience with networks... :(
The only good thing is that they'll offer you a BIG audio library you can use in your video..
Again, depends on who contacted you. Had some false claims on music (properly licensed) and I just asked for help a guy who recruited me (and gave me his contact for these cases) and got helped pretty quickly ;)

Yes this is good, but locking in is never good. This is a good idea and I support this. But when you start to know about adsense and what to do, leave the partnership so they do not get 40% of your money.
One troll or overzealous fan and unless you REALLY know to defend against it you might get banned from adsense forever. Also dont forget Google pays after $100 while network can pay as little as 1 cent (after its 40% or less cut).

Reactions: Owlins

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends. I was approach as well by TGN representative. But I was able to negotiate deal a bit better than freedom. So in that case, why shouldnt I give them chance? :)

Again, depends on who contacted you. Had some false claims on music (properly licensed) and I just asked for help a guy who recruited me (and gave me his contact for these cases) and got helped pretty quickly ;)

One troll or overzealous fan and unless you REALLY know to defend against it you might get banned from adsense forever. Also dont forget Google pays after $100 while network can pay as little as 1 cent (after its 40% or less cut).
Thanks! This is really helpfull :)

Nayer

Reaction score
I'll do anything right now to have a network contact me after my recent troubles with my networks this past year. Definitely join them if they approached you.

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score

At your channels current size, there is no point joining a network. If you think it will provide you some kind of copyright protection or support, it won't. Networks will in most cases, just tell you to dispute the claim, because that's really all that can be done. They can't magically remove the claim, it has to be done by the claimant.

A network is going to offer you an unfavourable split and potentially a longer contract that you will be bound to if your channel grows in a short amount of time. I know people who are still on 60 / 30 splits with 200k+ subscribers, because they signed a long contract at a terrible rate.

About your last statement, I've never had any issues with AdSense, and I'm sure people have tried to sabotage my earnings. There's contact forms to use if you see any invalid activity in your account, and an appeal form if you were banned in error. Have used it for 3+ years and made my full time income off it. Google are smart.

Reactions: CousinEd and Owlins

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am now awaiting some sort of an agreement example to look into and I'll see what it says.

Still got loads of questions for the guy which I'm gonna ask as soon as I this example agreement doesn't answer them. I'll also try to get some sort of trial run going. Maybe they'll go with it :)

Anyway, haven't committed or made up my mind yet. To be continued...

MBGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi all,

Recently I've been approached by TGN (part of BroadbandTV) for a partnership and I would really like your thoughts about this. Not only would I like to know your (possible) experiences with this Partner but also if it is even a good idea to join as I've got a really small channel.

I'm preparing a list of questions for this guy (will probably post them in this thread when I'm done). Anything you guys can think of?
Hi Owlins !
As you have a small channel, I think and I'm pretty sure your focus should be to get more audience.
Recently I also had the same case and I asked bigger youtubers(+10k subs) if it's worth joining a network and I received the same response: focus at the moment on getting an audience and making a name for yourself.
I think a community like this one can help you much more at this point than making a contract with a network.

All the best,
Chris

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Owlins !
As you have a small channel, I think and I'm pretty sure your focus should be to get more audience.
Recently I also had the same case and I asked bigger youtubers(+10k subs) if it's worth joining a network and I received the same response: focus at the moment on getting an audience and making a name for yourself.
I think a community like this one can help you much more at this point than making a contract with a network.

All the best,
Chris
Thanks a lot for the response. I'll keep it all in mind :)