Approached by TGN...

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

Recently I've been approached by TGN (part of BroadbandTV) for a partnership and I would really like your thoughts about this. Not only would I like to know your (possible) experiences with this Partner but also if it is even a good idea to join as I've got a really small channel.

I'm preparing a list of questions for this guy (will probably post them in this thread when I'm done). Anything you guys can think of?

Reactions: TastyGamers

JustTyler

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Partnerships do nothing but take your money. Partner with adsense when you can as it will be much better long term.

Reactions: Soulvapes

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Partnerships do nothing but take your money. Partner with adsense when you can as it will be much better long term.
Why? Can you elaborate on that? I've heard that using adsense could potentially block your channel at some point.

Also, even if I would have to lock in a year or so. How bad could it be for a channel that makes little to nothing and not even has 100 subs. If they can actually promote my channel here and there I don't see that much harm in it (not in that particular department anyway)

JustTyler

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why? Can you elaborate on that? I've heard that using adsense could potentially block your channel at some point.

Also, even if I would have to lock in a year or so. How bad could it be for a channel that makes little to nothing and not even has 100 subs. If they can actually promote my channel here and there I don't see that much harm in it (not in that particular department anyway)
The community of partnerships and growth is spammy. They tell people to follow you and there is a reward and people spam to try get growth. They won't watch your content. Even if you have 1,000,000 subs if nobody watches your content there is no point.

You can get everything they offer just by looking into it and if adsense blocks you, you probably violated something.

It won't give you growth even if it does it will be around 5 subs. Look into communities and record there, you can get loads of people there.

Reactions: Rod71

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I understand his point,

But TGN approached him, so they must see potential with his channel, hence why he has posted here asking what questions to answer during the negotiation period, if he can get written in his contract that they will for instance promote and give him SEO optimisation surely that will help him gain more views? or am I missing the point?

Reactions: Nayer and Owlins

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if adsense blocks you, you probably violated something.
How about bot/spam attacks from third parties? Most Ad Sense users do not know how to deal with those, so I would suggest joining a no-lock-in network at first and gradually learn how everything works.

Reactions: Owlins

DogsAreAwesome

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with JustTyler, if you're a small youtuber, they won't care about you at all..
They only care about the big ones.. At least.. that has been my experience with networks... :(
The only good thing is that they'll offer you a BIG audio library you can use in your video..

JustTyler

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I understand his point,

But TGN approached him, so they must see potential with his channel, hence why he has posted here asking what questions to answer during the negotiation period, if he can get written in his contract that they will for instance promote and give him SEO optimisation surely that will help him gain more views? or am I missing the point?
They approach everyone man. They send mass letters to try and get people to be locked in with something they do not want. They want lots of people. They see potiental in making money off him.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
They approach everyone man. They send mass letters to try and get people to be locked in with something they do not want. They want lots of people. They see potiental in making money off him.
Ahh!!

I didn't know that, have you experienced this with them bro?