Any advice to stay motivated?

See the thing about YouTube is, getting in front of a camera will no doubt be needed at one point or another - no matter what channel you run. I was nervous and lacked confidence for the first few months of getting in front of a camera but it slowly subsides. Confidence naturally comes to you. If you enjoy it, stick at it and pace your videos out. You have come this far, why not keep on going?

Most people give up within first few months. Dont be one of those. Keep pushing and make it big!

Hey everyone - I opened my channel about 2 months ago.

The channel is a lot of work as I'm sure you all know. I enjoy writing the scripts, I love editing and planning, but I feel like I'm lacking confidence and when it comes to actually getting in front of the camera… well, I'm just not sure if that's really my thing.

There are times when I don't even want to share my videos with anyone because I don't like people seeing me on screen.

I enjoy it for a while but then I feel self conscious and nervous. I don't want to delete my channel because then I'd feel like a quitter. I mean, I've only just started two months ago, maybe I should give it a chance. Then I think, won't it be harder to get out of it the longer I wait?

Then I think about the feedback I've been receiving. 1000 views is a lot in two months and I feel like I've really accomplished something, I just wonder if it's the right accomplishment. Is it a path I want to continue to follow? I don't think it is, and it seems to be causing me a lot of my stress.

Anyone else felt unmotivated at some point.. how did you get through it? Based on my story, do you think I should continue youtubing?

Merlina I know how you feel. I still didnt had the guts to be on cam, so you have accomplished way more than me at this point haha. I soon will be, Im getting my settup done. But I should not stop if I were you. You only get better. See ya, and keep it up, cuz your vids are pro!

I really appreciate all the kind responses - I guess you're all right, I've just started and I should try to stick it out a bit longer and see how everything goes![DOUBLEPOST=1476321335,1476320973][/DOUBLEPOST]I just want to clarify, it's not about getting noticed! I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for this! The mention of my views/likes was simply to say that I'm not unmotivated because of lack of views, as I've heard some people say they are. I'm simply feeling unmotivated because I'm not sure that I can continue to make videos and enjoy it![DOUBLEPOST=1476321352][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just want to clarify, it's not about getting noticed! I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for this! The mention of my views/likes was simply to say that I'm not unmotivated because of lack of views, as I've heard some people say they are. I'm simply feeling unmotivated because I'm not sure that I can continue to make videos and enjoy it!
It sounds like the core issue is your self-confidence, not YouTube itself. Imagine if no one ever judged you. What would it feel like to make videos where every single viewer supported you and didn't make any judgement whatsoever?

I seen one of your vids and you said you were going to put out a video once a week I think.. That might be the problem.. You just gave yourself pressure with a self made deadline. Maybe that is causing the stress? You done very well for 2 months and if you keep at it at a easy pace you will improve and feel more comfortable in front of the camera. I cringed when I put myself in front of the camera the first time. The first time I just used my voice I almost did not upload that vid. I just hated the way I sounded. That video has the most hits at 18k and shocked the hell out of me. So keep it up at a easy fun pace... remember to have fun!
Hey there, Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with your channel.. Good to hear that it's possible to get through the "stage fright" phase!

I can definitely see what you mean about the deadlines and the pressure, and I think you're probably right - that's the source of my stress.. I'll have to remember to take it easy

Back