Any advice to stay motivated?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone - I opened my channel about 2 months ago.

The channel is a lot of work as I'm sure you all know. I enjoy writing the scripts, I love editing and planning, but I feel like I'm lacking confidence and when it comes to actually getting in front of the camera… well, I'm just not sure if that's really my thing.

There are times when I don't even want to share my videos with anyone because I don't like people seeing me on screen.

I enjoy it for a while but then I feel self conscious and nervous. I don't want to delete my channel because then I'd feel like a quitter. I mean, I've only just started two months ago, maybe I should give it a chance. Then I think, won't it be harder to get out of it the longer I wait?

Then I think about the feedback I've been receiving. 1000 views is a lot in two months and I feel like I've really accomplished something, I just wonder if it's the right accomplishment. Is it a path I want to continue to follow? I don't think it is, and it seems to be causing me a lot of my stress.

Anyone else felt unmotivated at some point.. how did you get through it? Based on my story, do you think I should continue youtubing?

WizJager

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You been getting 2000 views, that alot. many people dont even get a 100. Just dont give up, keep trying trust you, end of the battle you will see you award :)

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I sometimes feels self-conscious about my videos, but that's if I do it alone. Making videos with friends is a lot more fun and you won't have to worry about looking stupid because your friends look stupid too haha. Well that works for me at least :D . Maybe consider switching up your content, or do something you really enjoy because you should have fun doing YouTube, especially at this early stage. Hope this helps!

MyLifeMyWorld

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally, I think you are off to a great start with your channel and you could be onto a winner. I think everyone, at some point, feels self concious and unmotivated. Take some time and really think if you want to carry on, end of the day you have to make that decision not other people. From what I can see you seem confident on camera, even if you are not off it. The more you do it and the more you see people's responses from it, the more you will start to feel less self concious which in turn will get you motivated. So yeah, have a think about what you want to do but I would say don't give up.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you're doing just for the views/subs then this really isn't for you - there is NO problem with wanting to grow but you also need to have fun...and if you are stressing more than actually having fun then something is wrong there. Fun = Motivation -- you can only motivate yourself so much with views/subs. 2 months really isn't anything, it takes years sometimes for people to get noticed.

HecksVision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I seen one of your vids and you said you were going to put out a video once a week I think.. That might be the problem.. You just gave yourself pressure with a self made deadline. Maybe that is causing the stress? You done very well for 2 months and if you keep at it at a easy pace you will improve and feel more comfortable in front of the camera. I cringed when I put myself in front of the camera the first time. The first time I just used my voice I almost did not upload that vid. I just hated the way I sounded. That video has the most hits at 18k and shocked the hell out of me. So keep it up at a easy fun pace... remember to have fun!

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the kind responses - I guess you're all right, I've just started and I should try to stick it out a bit longer and see how everything goes![DOUBLEPOST=1476321335,1476320973][/DOUBLEPOST]I just want to clarify, it's not about getting noticed! I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for this! The mention of my views/likes was simply to say that I'm not unmotivated because of lack of views, as I've heard some people say they are. I'm simply feeling unmotivated because I'm not sure that I can continue to make videos and enjoy it![DOUBLEPOST=1476321352][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you're doing just for the views/subs then this really isn't for you - there is NO problem with wanting to grow but you also need to have fun...and if you are stressing more than actually having fun then something is wrong there. Fun = Motivation -- you can only motivate yourself so much with views/subs. 2 months really isn't anything, it takes years sometimes for people to get noticed.
I just want to clarify, it's not about getting noticed! I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for this! The mention of my views/likes was simply to say that I'm not unmotivated because of lack of views, as I've heard some people say they are. I'm simply feeling unmotivated because I'm not sure that I can continue to make videos and enjoy it!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the kind responses - I guess you're all right, I've just started and I should try to stick it out a bit longer and see how everything goes![DOUBLEPOST=1476321335,1476320973][/DOUBLEPOST]I just want to clarify, it's not about getting noticed! I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for this! The mention of my views/likes was simply to say that I'm not unmotivated because of lack of views, as I've heard some people say they are. I'm simply feeling unmotivated because I'm not sure that I can continue to make videos and enjoy it![DOUBLEPOST=1476321352][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just want to clarify, it's not about getting noticed! I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for this! The mention of my views/likes was simply to say that I'm not unmotivated because of lack of views, as I've heard some people say they are. I'm simply feeling unmotivated because I'm not sure that I can continue to make videos and enjoy it!
I see -- well, then ask yourself why you are unmotivated? Why don't you want to continue? Then ask yourself an even more important question. WHY did you want to keep going?
If you feel nervous and self-conscious then that's fine because everyone does, you just gotta keep working towards not caring what other people think about you - do it for yourself to gain confidence and gain that self-esteem. I've seen your videos and they are good, you don't seem to be nervous at all so just keep working towards it because you are doing a good job.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I see -- well, then ask yourself why you are unmotivated? Why don't you want to continue? Then ask yourself an even more important question. WHY did you want to keep going?
If you feel nervous and self-conscious then that's fine because everyone does, you just gotta keep working towards not caring what other people think about you - do it for yourself to gain confidence and gain that self-esteem. I've seen your videos and they are good, you don't seem to be nervous at all so just keep working towards it because you are doing a good job.
Hmm, thanks, I guess you're probably right, I just need to keep working on building my confidence and just continue to have fun with the videos!

Reactions: JRuncie