Am I the Only One Who Gets Uploading Problems on YouTube?

Rquerd

Everytime I try to upload a video, the upload time would take hours...Okay I understand, that's because my internet sucks. However when I upload pretty late, I put a timer on my computer and let the video upload overnight. When I wake up, it's like the video never existed. I pressed save and I made sure I gave the timer an hour extra prior to the time it was going to take for the video to upload.

Am I the only one with this problem?

YouTube had some problems uploading and especially processing the videos lately. One of my vids took about 2,5 hours to upload (normally under an hour) and processing took almost all night.

But it seems to be solved now. Uploaded one yesterday (I scheduled it to go online later today) and it took the normal hour and a bit to upload AND process.

Anyway, if it's not solved on your end try uploading with Firefox. Last week my upload got into an infinite loop using Chrome. FF did the trick then.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Occasionally I get an upload failure.

It pays to keep the upload page open until processing is done.

I also don't interrupt the upload by using the network during this time.

I have found that AVI and MPEG4 seem to produce less failures.

My ISP is pretty good quality. A poor ISP can cause file corruption through packet dropouts.

Cheers Rob

Everytime I try to upload a video, the upload time would take hours...Okay I understand, that's because my internet sucks. However when I upload pretty late, I put a timer on my computer and let the video upload overnight. When I wake up, it's like the video never existed. I pressed save and I made sure I gave the timer an hour extra prior to the time it was going to take for the video to upload.

Am I the only one with this problem?

If your connection has any packet loss or for some reason your connection slows. It is possible your turning off your computer before the video fully uploads. However it should still show in your video list as incomplete. Are you switching between different accounts while uploading on the same browser even if in a different window? This can cause YT to fail an upload and it won't show in your list at all.

Back