Advice? Mixing games on one channel

Is it a good idea to mix vlogs on a gaming channel?

• Total voters

GoldSnoopy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would really appreciate some advice as this is a question I have asked myself for months maybe even a year now and I have not been able to find the "corrrect" answer for it. I am curious if it would be a good idea to mix a channel that is based off of League of Legends for example, and upload counter strike and vlogs to that league of legends channel? Please give an explanation of your response, thanks!

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Think of why people go to your channel. Is your content interesting enough that they want to find out more about your life? If not then maybe it's better to keep it separate.

But it's up to you. If you REALLY wanna make vlogs, don't let anything stop you.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If your vlogs are interesting why not? Theres youtubers that do it all the time.

Orion Blue

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is a tricky answer. Vlogs are usually fine if the viewer gets something out of it (a peak into your life, comedy,etc.) But if you built a channel around a certain game you'll definitely see less views on new games. That being said, you're still a relatively small channel and could get away with it I feel. It's better to make these types of changes sooner rather than later.

Suess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The more content the wider range of viewers, however if you dont stick to to a small type of video then you may not get subscribers and just the views.

GoldSnoopy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
fair enough. I enjoy playing video games and live streaming but I also want to get more into vlogging, now that I think of it, there are a lot of youtubers I watch that do both gaming and vlogs. Thanks guys!

SuperNintendudez

Reaction score
Counter Strike is a definitive yes! Gaming content shouldn't really be separated onto separate channels like that. Don't promote yourself as just a LoL channel, I'd promote is as just a gaming channel so when you do want to do other games it won't be a problem.

For vlogs, it depends on the amount you want to upload. If you had like a weekly vlog day, I don't think it'd be a problem, but if it's something you want to do consistently, and it's going to be drastically different from your gaming videos, I'd maybe consider a second channel. If your vlogs are kinda nerdy and techy, and centered on video games, then go for it!

KorrensEmber

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ive started my gaming channel recently and have been battling the same thing wondering should i just stick to one game if you play multiple games when your small i dont think its a problem and people will get used to you changing games. At the end of the day people come to see YOU not the video games.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think if you make a vlog channel... make only with vlog videos...if you make a game channel..make only with video games posts..