Adsense vs Fullscreen vs Studio71 vs Curse

Abhishek

Reaction score
Recently i have been approached by few netwoks about partnership. My YouTube channel has more than 100k subscribers and i have been getting over 10 million views every month. I am presently with adsense. My question is should i stay with adsense or join a network. My channel has content related to gaming. Most creators say adsense is not safe for gaming content.

I have received these offer... what do you prefer?
Fullscreen Network - 90/10 split and $500 sign up bonus (Contract 1 year)
Studio71 Network - 90/10 split (Contract 1 year)

I have not been approached by Curse network but they offer 90/10 with no lock-in contract to all.

Please share your experience with Fullscreen and Studio71 networks. Which network is better to be partnered with? What do you prefer?

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Best advice I got so far is to do the math and see if its worth it. So you have two questions to ask yourself.

1. What are you getting?
2. How much are you earning and how much would they be getting?

So make a list of things that you are getting from the network that are USEFUL TO YOU? They can promise all sort of stuff but you probably dont need everything. So lets say that they let you use some royalty free music and this or that service.
If you are to earn 1000$ in a year, you'd be giving them 10/100 which is 100$. Is the music you're getting and this or that service worth those 100$?
If yes, it might be a good idea. If not, probably not the best idea.

This is raw but a base of this question. Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Reaction score
Best advice I got so far is to do the math and see if its worth it. So you have two questions to ask yourself.

1. What are you getting?
2. How much are you earning and how much would they be getting?

So make a list of things that you are getting from the network that are USEFUL TO YOU? They can promise all sort of stuff but you probably dont need everything. So lets say that they let you use some royalty free music and this or that service.
If you are to earn 1000$ in a year, you'd be giving them 10/100 which is 100$. Is the music you're getting and this or that service worth those 100$?
If yes, it might be a good idea. If not, probably not the best idea.

This is raw but a base of this question. Hope this helps.
After calculating looks like it's safe to be with adsense. Being with adsense i'm getting 100% of my revenue and i do not need any royalty free music and i can edit my own thumbnails. My only concern is "Is it safe to use Google Adsense on YouTube for gaming?".

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After calculating looks like it's safe to be with adsense. Being with adsense i'm getting 100% of my revenue and i do not need any royalty free music and i can edit my own thumbnails. My only concern is "Is it safe to use Google Adsense on YouTube for gaming?".
1. In order to enable Monetization on your videos you need to have an Adsense account associated with your YouTube account. 2. You split your ad revenue with Google whether you're in a network or not. You get 55% and Google keeps 45% of your ad revenue. If you're in a network, your 55% will get split with the network. Different networks take different percentages of your revenue. Some take way more than others. 3. You're basically left with nothing after the network takes their cut. MCNs have a tendency to hide the amount of money you're actually making on your own channel. They do that so you won't see your small cut compared to the chunk of money they get. 4. You get robbed by them.

ericshift1

Reaction score
AdSense is 100% safe for gaming or anything else, extremely small channels can get banned for clicks and stuff, but you wont get banned for using gaming content. MCNs is essentially linking to their adsense account rather than yours.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
With those kind of numbers I think you should be able to negotiate at least a 95/5 split with 1500 USD as signing bonus

Anyway if you have more than 100k subs you are eligible for expedite creator support (24 hours reply during business days) and a partner manager just staying with Adsense.

KeniisuYT

YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually, Curse and Fullscreen as far as I know (I've been with Fullscreen, now with Curse.) assign some personal ads to your videos to provide an extra revenue source for you given the fact that they have some of their own advertisers there.

Fullscreen provided terrible support, barely any communication as well. Upon me wanting to unlink, it took an entire week and they decided to stop responding until I contacted another department of their company.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
MCN's are a dying, not so long ago most MCN's would take a 50% cut of your revenue or even more in some cases, they offered protection against claims and other fun stuff like images, music, access to creator tools etc etc

but now. they are pointless, they are hanging on by spamming every youtuber with 100 plus subs and picking up a few people here and there and only asking for 10% usually. the reason why they only ask for 10% is because they don;t really offer anything, there are thousands of sites with free copyright free music, images and anything else you might need, they don't offer any protection against copyright or fair use, the one time a youtuber might actually need them for something serious they are really unhelpful. analytics tools? yeah we have them right here on youtube. their tools just pull from youtube analytics anyway, want some more stuff, plenty of programs like tubebuddy to help you out

they promise you higher income because of their "superb in house sales team" and yet they can never offer you factual numbers to prove their point, the reason being is, well lets have a look. who might have a better sales team that some little MCN company? oh yeah google! they are pretty good at that, and even if they could miraculously make a few extra pennies in ad revenue, it wouldn't even be close to 10%

over the next couple of years i am imagine they will die out completely, they filled a need when youtube was the wild west, now they are just unnecessary.

just in case i was not clear enough in my way too long rant post :) no, i don't think you should join a MCN

iMADTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Definitely STAY with google adsense, why you want to give some of your earnings to another company!!

Just stay with adsense as long as you getting money, the reason why I moved to fullscreen is because I couldn't get the PIN from google due to my location in Iraq and fullscreen provide paypal payments,

rather than that I would never move to fullscreen who shares 30% on my earnings