Aaaaaaaaand my channel is dead again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Has it ever happened to any of you guys? You're on a roll, perhaps you recently made a reboot, and things are going well! You're gaining views and subs, people are commenting on your videos and you're improving every day.

But then all of the sudden, the views stop coming in. And you're no longer gaining subs. As a matter of fact, you're now losing subs!

Well, this is what's happening to me right now. I've never put as much effort into my videos as I have ever before and I feel like the quality is at least "good". Still, my channel is pretty much dead and I'm devastated because of it.

Please share your experiences with this and perhaps a solution for it. I am at my wits' end.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

James

TZJINZO

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Poor session time causes this. It means people don't watch your videos properly and YouTube will stop recommending your videos completely. Looking at your videos, you should consider making games or topics that a larger audience are interested in and the topic needs to be unique (ideally never done before). People are unlikely to care about you, because you're a nobody on YouTube doing things everyone else has done before. It's very hard to get any views from this angle.

I deleted a lot of my old videos that had a lot of views because they no longer fit the current theme of my channel. These videos were along the lines of:

Review a game that has never been reviewed before at release (mostly indies). ~2-10k views each.
Guide on a game that is popular and not yet covered. ~1-100k+ views based on game.
Topic of a new update in a game not covered yet that a lot of people are interested in. Had some over 20k views.

Generic ideas above, but you get the idea. As a small YouTuber if you make your types of videos, unless you are so much better than everyone else in this area (which you're not, sorry to say) it is near improbable for you to get above 10K subscribers, ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProjectJamesify

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It happens to everyone. Think of YouTube as the economy. You're going good, everybody is watching you, subs going up. Then it flatlines. Then goes down. Down. Hits a point. Then comes back up.

You'll bounce back man, just stay with it.

WizJager

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dont worry, School has started to not many people is on youtube as much as before, just carry on and try to gain more subs. it happen in everyone career on youtube, just keep fighting and you will make it :).

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Poor session time causes this. It means people don't watch your videos properly and YouTube will stop recommending your videos completely. Looking at your videos, you should consider making games or topics that a larger audience are interested in and the topic needs to be unique (ideally never done before). People are unlikely to care about you, because you're a nobody on YouTube doing things everyone else has done before. It's very hard to get any views from this angle.

I deleted a lot of my old videos that had a lot of views because they no longer fit the current theme of my channel. These videos were along the lines of:

Review a game that has never been reviewed before at release (mostly indies). ~2-10k views each.
Guide on a game that is popular and not yet covered. ~1-100k+ views based on game.
Topic of a new update in a game not covered yet that a lot of people are interested in. Had some over 20k views.

Generic ideas above, but you get the idea. As a small YouTuber if you make your types of videos, unless you are so much better than everyone else in this area (which you're not, sorry to say) it is near improbable for you to get above 10K subscribers, ever.
Thanks mate! I'm not sure if I'm capable of redoing my entire channel though. This is what I thought I was good at and what I enjoy doing. It's going to be hard for me to differentiate, but perhaps I need a damn hard think about doing this...

It happens to everyone. Think of YouTube as the economy. You're going good, everybody is watching you, subs going up. Then it flatlines. Then goes down. Down. Hits a point. Then comes back up.

You'll bounce back man, just stay with it.
Perhaps, but not being able to hold onto a steady climb makes me nuts :( Thanks though c:

Dont worry, School has started to not many people is on youtube as much as before, just carry on and try to gain more subs. it happen in everyone career on youtube, just keep fighting and you will make it :).
I will most certainly keep on going and I'm giving it my absolute 100%! Thing is though, the school dip should be over by now and really during this time I've had my biggest advancements on the channel yet. I'm not sure if this is it, but who knows, thanks mate!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I have worked pretty much very hard on my GAMING CHANNEL but it looks like there is lot of competition on YOUTUBE that is pushing my GAMING content towards the corner. So it looks dead too. But key is never ever give up, because miracles happen suddenly.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have worked pretty much very hard on my GAMING CHANNEL but it looks like there is lot of competition on YOUTUBE that is pushing my GAMING content towards the corner. So it looks dead too. But key is never ever give up, because miracles happen suddenly.
Not sure if waiting for a miracle is the solution to a successful YouTube channel xD But you're right, never give up! I enjoy what I'm doing right now and I'm going to look for ways to keep on improving my channel.

But let's cover the other side of the subject as well, since this is not a channel feedback thread (although thank you guys so much I appreciate it big time!).

Have any of you experience with this? Perhaps seen your friends experience something similar?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would take some time to look at the videos that have done well and see what those videos have in common. Are there particular types of subjects (or particular games) that bring people in? Do certain types of thumbnails or titles bring people in more? Do you have particular ways of writing your descriptions or tags that work better? That's where I'd start focusing if I saw a dip like that.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would take some time to look at the videos that have done well and see what those videos have in common. Are there particular types of subjects (or particular games) that bring people in? Do certain types of thumbnails or titles bring people in more? Do you have particular ways of writing your descriptions or tags that work better? That's where I'd start focusing if I saw a dip like that.
Thanks for your input buddy, but those are all subjects I have brainstormed for about I don't even know how long. Because my channel sees such little traffic, it's hard to make any conclusions as I don't have trustworthy numbers to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.