Aaaaaaaaand my channel is dead again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Poor session time causes this. It means people don't watch your videos properly and YouTube will stop recommending your videos completely. Looking at your videos, you should consider making games or topics that a larger audience are interested in and the topic needs to be unique (ideally never done before). People are unlikely to care about you, because you're a nobody on YouTube doing things everyone else has done before. It's very hard to get any views from this angle.

I deleted a lot of my old videos that had a lot of views because they no longer fit the current theme of my channel. These videos were along the lines of:

Review a game that has never been reviewed before at release (mostly indies). ~2-10k views each.
Guide on a game that is popular and not yet covered. ~1-100k+ views based on game.
Topic of a new update in a game not covered yet that a lot of people are interested in. Had some over 20k views.

Generic ideas above, but you get the idea. As a small YouTuber if you make your types of videos, unless you are so much better than everyone else in this area (which you're not, sorry to say) it is near improbable for you to get above 10K subscribers, ever.
Great way to build this guys confidence dude...

Reactions: Spectre677

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't worry man,views & subs are just go up & down on YouTube all the time.So keep trying.best of luck mate :)
Thanks mate!

Great way to build this guys confidence dude...
Even though the comment came across a little direct and what not, I'm into that stuff. As a Dutchie this works for me, and even though it was somewhat hurtful, it's true. I should perhaps rethink a few aspects of my channel, to differentiate myself more without having to sacrifice what I love doing (which is how things are going right now).

Didn't affect my confidence, I know that my perseverance is strong and that the videos will keep on coming. Thanks for your concerns friend!

VirtuallyBoris

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Similar thing happened to me too m8. My views were great I was getting a sub to two a video and then it randomly started going down.And now ive been stuck on the same sub count for a month or two.I was p****d off at first and a little demotivated but then I realized it doesnt really matter :D I have one guy that comments on all of my videos and hes awesome!

Star Wars Geek

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I had about a week of getting a dozen views in a 48 hour period and now I dropped like a rock to just one view in the last 48 hours.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
These "My channel isn't growing" threads don't achieve anything. Everyone wants more subs and more views. The main forum is for YouTube chat, gossip or general help. Not for specific reviews and channel feedback.

Members looking for specific advice for their channel based on their existing channel or videos may ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) (maximum 1 request per week)

Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). If the thread complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then it will be approved by a member of staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.