Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everyone~

So, as some of you might know, my channel hit a 100 subs about a week ago. Sadly, for some reason, both my amount of new subs and my amount of views have decline considerably after that. Now, I don't know if it is due to the time of year (everyone is pretty busy with school tests and Christmas prep), but I thought it would be a good time to ask for your opinion on my channel.

So, in my milestone topic (Road to a 100 subs) I laid out a week by week growth of my subscribers. For reference, here are the months October and November.

Week 17 has brought me 3 subs, which brought the accumulative growth to a 100. In week 18 I got 2 subs and this week so far has brought me 1 sub. Sadly I've seen a lot of unsubscribers lately, losing them just about as fast as I gain them. In the past 4 weeks I gained 17 subs, of which 7 unsubbed, leaving me a total of 10 subs gained in four weeks.

My last two videos haven't hit a 100 views yet, which is a bit sad, but overall I have a great view-to-sub rate. I also get a few likes every video and a some comments, which I always react to and often spin out into a little conversation.

ANYWAY! If you're still here :p I'd like your opinion on the following things, you of course can choose either one of them.
Channel
- Branding and graphic desing of the channel.
- Thumbnails and titles
- SEO (Please give me concrete things I can change, don't just say 'they could be better'. I know that, tell me HOW to change it).
Videos
- Presentation and editting
- Pacing and interaction
- Subjects and attention span

I'd very much appreciate it if you could take a look at it, as I feel I am at a bit of a stand still at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! I'm not great at feedback, but I'll do my best.

First off I want to let you know that I like that you tend to use a lot of color in your banner & thumbnails but it's not overpowering. I also like that you put the general subject of each of your videos in the thumbnail itself while using colored boxes behind them, it draws the attention to what the video is about. I really can't complain about much when it comes to your graphic design for your channel aside from a couple thumbnails seeming a little dark as far as lighting goes. But that's about it.

As far as your use of tags I'd say you're doing good. Something that I've learned is to search on Youtube itself with the tags I intend to use on my videos & check the keyword score. I use the plugin TubeBuddy, it's very handy. If the score on a keyword(s) is poor then I try to avoid it. I check the related searches & try to find the keywords that score as good or better & use them. It's good to try different variations of these keywords, even if they aren't correct grammar/punctuation wise.

I think you're right about the decline in views & subscribers for your channel being due to the holidays & everyone being so busy. If you can keep making videos with the theme of Christmas & the holidays for this month & combine that with keywords that are being searched for, but not saturated.

I hope this helps!

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A little bit of feedback for you.

Channel

- The main banner is very good, however you could do with adding links to Twitter, Instagram etc
- For me thumbnails have to have a consistant style, I like the little stickers you use for the video title, but I would prefer them in the same place each time and the same font, but like I say that's just me.
- SEO is a tricky little beast that many struggle with, including me. If you haven't already download TubeBuddy. When TubeBuddy is active you can go to other vloggers videos and see what SEO they have used, and compare the two. Also another trick I was told is use your equipment brands in the SEO, that way anyone searching for a particular camera might happen upon your vlog because you've listed it.
For instance:
Looking at your video "What i've been up to || insane 15 hour shift" you have listed as a Tag, "New tripod", what you could have done is put the name of the tripod as a tag instead, or "New coat" you could have put the name of the coat or the retailer you bought it from, as well as a link in your description to the actual webpage where that coat can be bought.

Also expand on words

For instance:
Hospitality, you could also put "Working in hospitality". Also expand on what you do in hospitality, its a very broad area.

Videos

- I like the presentation of your videos, I have actually watched them all, and they are not too long and not too short, the biggest thing for me is the consistency of your videos, there is no real set pattern to when they are released as far as I can tell.

I hope all this helps

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi! I'm not great at feedback, but I'll do my best.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this :)

I really can't complain about much when it comes to your graphic design for your channel aside from a couple thumbnails seeming a little dark as far as lighting goes. But that's about it.
Glad to hear you like the Thumbnails! I actually take a screenshot from the video and enhance it in Clip Studio Paint, but my camera isn't the best. I'm planning on buying a new one, so the picture quality should improve then as well.

As far as your use of tags I'd say you're doing good. Something that I've learned is to search on Youtube itself with the tags I intend to use on my videos & check the keyword score. I use the plugin TubeBuddy, it's very handy.
I have Tubebuddy as well, but can't really be bother to look up every keyword I come up with n.n"

I think you're right about the decline in views & subscribers for your channel being due to the holidays & everyone being so busy. If you can keep making videos with the theme of Christmas & the holidays for this month & combine that with keywords that are being searched for, but not saturated.
I hope that is the case, making some wintery themed videos might be a good idea indeed, thank you!

A little bit of feedback for you.
THank you so much for the feedback!
I haven't thought about adding my Twitter to the banner, might do that when I change over to the winter lay out.
I have to shift around the 'stickers', because I don't want them to cover me up on the thumbnail. I also restrict myself to using two fonts :)

Looking at your video "What i've been up to || insane 15 hour shift" you have listed as a Tag, "New tripod", what you could have done is put the name of the tripod as a tag instead, or "New coat" you could have put the name of the coat or the retailer you bought it from, as well as a link in your description to the actual webpage where that coat can be bought.
Also expand on words
For instance:
Hospitality, you could also put "Working in hospitality". Also expand on what you do in hospitality, its a very broad area.
This is such a good idea! Never really thought about that. Thank you!

- I like the presentation of your videos, I have actually watched them all, and they are not too long and not too short, the biggest thing for me is the consistency of your videos, there is no real set pattern to when they are released as far as I can tell.
Yay, glad you enjoy them! I actually upload every Monday between 5 and 6 pm English time :) And sometimes an extra video on Thursday/Friday.

Reactions: Dice Rollen