60,000 views in one month - question

martingray360

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Early in august I had a creative idea for channel, first 3-4 videos didn't have a lot of traction, but early September it seems to took off. First week ended with 5000 views, next grew to almost 10,000 views, later 17,000, and 15,000 weekly. Subscribers reached 180. I have now 20 videos and upload new one every 3-4 days.

But now I am noticing traffic is slowing noticeable. I had hourly views as low as early in September.

Since I am completely new to YouTube couple question:

- Is the slowing in views normal? Should I start freaking out?
- Am I onto something - the results are good?
- What metrics I should you use to measure size and growth of channel
- And guide how to make it growing?
- What time frames / numbers YouTube like (should I compare daily-weekly-monthly stats? Any stats are important to YT, like 100,000 views, 1000 sub, 100 like, etc?)

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Seriously, I am loosing sleep over it!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The slowing of views seems normal, our views are down 40% off the summer vacation peak. Perhaps kids are back at school and have other stuff to do. Traffic should pickup over the colder months when there's nothing to do outside. Probably no point freaking out, you are anew channel, got to get to know the cycles first.

Your traffic seems to be going good. It does look like you may be onto something. But you need to analyze the tags, competition, trends, what is it you are on to exactly? Is it a 1 off event (the election) or an ongoing thing (Trumps imbecility). Can you continue milking it?

The easiest metric is real time graph. Are the bars fat, solid, blue and tall? If yes, good, if no, then bad. The daily graphs should be on a nice, curved, upward trend.

Making it grow? Creator Academy has enough courses to last you a month, and there's enough posts here for a few weeks of solid reading.

For subs (based on my experience), Yt likes 1k, 2k, 5k, and they really like 10k subs. They also seem to go crazy for 20k subs, and completely bonkers for 50k subs.

For views, I noticed Yt kept us at a level of 300k views/48 hours, then 600k views/48 hours, then 1M views/48 hours, then 1.5 views/48 hours. Now we're back at 1M/48 hours or 500k/24 hours.

Sleep? What's that???

martingray360

Reaction score
Thank you so much for detailed information. I guess I need to be patient, analyze whatever I can analyze... and forget about sleep for a while?

Oh about channel, it's Pokemon-related channel in 360 degree technology. Idea is to show cool places in 360 degrees and then Pokemon appears and you have to find them all, so pretty much it's a game on YouTube.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First, congrats on getting that man views on videos so quick your channel must really be unique and advertised well.

Me being a very small channel has even noticed a large drop off on views from since summer vacation has ended. Im working twice as hard to promote my videos on the proper platforms, yet getting half the views. I keep telling myself thats why, but who knows. I've read articles on the slower times for youtubers, and post summer vacation if definitely one of them. Since you are such a new channel im sure your views will sky rockets at the times speed up. Just stay patient and keep putting out great content.

P.S. I tried to check out your channel by clicking the little button at the bottom of your post, and it leads me to a channel that does not exist.

Reactions: martingray360

martingray360

Reaction score
Thank you for your nice words and I hear your frustrations. Indeed my channel is new, it's really been since September, so I can only compare daily/weekly data, and I cannot find any patterns. It doesn't matter the frequency I post, time, no matter social media activities, YT does whatever it thinks. But it can be disappointing that no matter what you do or how hard you work, you see drop in views, but let's hope those are only temporary :)

Oh and sorry for the broken link, I fixed it now.