48h estimated views constantly the same... why

martingray360

Reaction score
My channel is very new, just entered 2nd month. Until 2-3 days ago daily views fluctuated from 1000 to 3800 on weekends. Now they are constantly on 2500 estimated views for last 48h. Occasionally it drops to 2400 but quickly go back to 2500 and stay there.

Is that normal? Why YT is doing that? Is it going to stay like that? Will I ever see growth again?

Do you have any similar experience?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, I call it algorithmic leveling.
What I think happens is the channel is placed into a views level, and Yt send you views at that level for whatever time they see fit.
We were in a holding pattern at about 250k views/48 hours for 3 weeks, then 630k views/48 hours for a week or two, now at 1M views/48 hours for about a week.
Off US EST peak times, we are getting a constant 18k views/hour for 6 hours of foreign traffic. It's constant for weeks now.
The algorithm ranks your channel in all the hundreds of factor it uses, then allocates a traffic level to you based on that. It keeps you at that level until you make cool videos to bump you up to the next level, or take you down a views level if the subsequent videos are bad.
There are similar levels for sub growth. Now we're at 600-700 subs/24 hours. It's been constant like this for weeks and weeks. There was one bump up to 1.5k/day, but we've been leveled down again.

ashleynicholsonvlogs

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just popped my head in out of curiousity.. that's really interesting! I hadn't really noticed or thought much about the agorithm.. but it's crazy to see what it looks like at such high numbers

Reactions: martingray360

martingray360

Reaction score
Thank you so much for in-depth respond! It's currently at constant level at 3400 but I think it's because of the weekend. Overall it currently sucks as those are half of the views I used to have, but I hope YT has good plans for my channel, and I just need to be patient. Benefit of that situation is I am not waking up every hour to check stats, but also it has challenges:

- how can I tell if my movies are performing well? Would it be just based on percentage of traffic allocated to each?
- also would it matter when I publish new one? Before it made huge difference day and time, but now would it?
- anything I can do to accelerate growth, or just do best job I can and trust YT algorithm?

Thanks again!