Why you should NEVER do "sub for sub"

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I do not completely agree with most of the opinions here.

I think when you are beginning, and having like 30 "fake" sub4sub subscribers, it will be easier for the genuine 31th subsciber to join then subbing a channel with like 1 sub...

When bigger it's quite pointless unless youre a sub collector :)

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I think when you are beginning, and having like 30 "fake" sub4sub subscribers, it will be easier for the genuine 31th subsciber to join then subbing a channel with like 1 sub...

I completely agree with you. Even I sometimes feel that I can "trust" channels with more subscribers and tend to watch them first, before I click on those that have less subscribers.

WhatsUpMark

BreadFarking Good!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian

Completely agree with this. I've stated this kind of opinion a year ago and all I got was negative replies. It's all about Psychology.

Reactions: Cherry Tung

FireshockHD

Gaming review`s fireshock moment
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Very good points. Sub for sub is a lose/lose situation for any Youtubers to do this method for a long term.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sub4sub people won´t likely see your content and just want more subs with less work!

Reactions: WhatsUpMark

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I also don't like about sub4sub is after a few days you will notice ur subscribers r decreasing and it turns out that the ppl u did sub4sub stopped subbing so all in all its a waste of time.

project-rion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Makes a lot of sense, I've had friends who have bought subs..does nothing but make your channel look 'prettier'

ChrisFlix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I never understood it. You aren't grabbing an audience... it just becomes a numbers game.

SomeGuyDude

Just some guy, dude.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Makes a lot of sense, I've had friends who have bought subs..does nothing but make your channel look 'prettier'
The ironic thing is it ONLY makes your channel frontpage look better, and ONLY if you don't look at the list of videos. If someone sees your channel and goes "wow they have 10,000 subs!" but then clicks on a video and sees 15 views and one comment they're gonna know something is up.

Actually it makes the channel look terrible. Even if they had no idea that sub4sub and bots exist, they'd go "well there's thousands of people subscribing, but they're not watching... his videos must be really boring." It gives the impression of a HORRIBLE channel wherein people subscribe and then never care enough to watch.

On the flip side, if you have 200 subs but every video has 200 views and a string of comments, it gives the image of a super awesome channel because it looks like EVERYONE who finds your channel LOVES it. That no one who's found your channel didn't join the "community".

nikkisy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree, what's the point of subscribing to a channel which content is not relevant to you just for the sake of a number?