Why you should NEVER do "sub for sub"

EasyE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never actually had to stoop so low as to sub for sub in order to get subscribers. I personal think it is a terrible method to getting subscribers and that you should never do it. Unfortunately, so many people who seem to be desperate for subscribers do this on a daily bases. Even my best friend did this method and the results were very disappointing. I'll tell you in this majestic thread on why you should NEVER do sub for sub.

Absolutely no connections

Can you imagine subscribing to a channel and you don't even know what kind of videos they do? Can you imagine subscribing to someone and you have never even bothered watching one of their videos. Finally can you imagine subscribing to a channel and you never go back to it again? This is what sub for sub does. You are going to get subscribers that literally do not have any connections with you or your videos. In fact they are not loyal, nor do they have the same activeness as a real subscriber who has subscribed because they want to see your videos. Trust me, your so called subscribers will increase your sub count by a little sure, but your not progressing in any way. So the only thing your doing is filling your channel with complete strangers.

No purpose

Anyone who does sub for sub I can give you a decent yet accurate description of yourself in a few words: no purpose. What are you doing? Ask yourself that. Your not making videos for fun are you? You have no goals other then just amassing subscribers. Your not getting anywhere with yourself as a Youtuber. It's harsh to say but people who sub for sub are either desperate, foolish or just plain greedy. If your going to sub for sub then why bother starting Youtube, any fool can do this so what's the point? That's right there is no point, it's not worth doing.

Shows that your incapable

If your really doing sub for sub and have like 1000 subscribers well guess what this just shows how incapable you are of getting real subscribers from videos. The only real legit way anyone gets subscribers is if a person has seen a video, like the style and want more. If you can't even make a few decent videos to attract some subscribers then your really not ready, and you shouldn't even be trying if this is your idea of getting famous and rich. Believe me, I've met so many people with the ideology of getting popular from just doing sub for sub and you know how far they got? Not very far as you can imagine.

So in a nutshell, you get unloyal strangers into your channel, have no purpose with your channel and pretty much are telling people that you can't make videos like everyone else. Sub for sub is a horrible method of getting subscribers and if your doing it now I will tell you now you will never be successful or satisfied as you will only want more and more. Anyways, just don't do it, and keep on trying! Hope this helps ^_^

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
only time I've ever sub4subbed was with others who I regularly collaborate with, and we are active on each others channels. Things like that are perfectly fine, but just sub4subbing random channels you don't watch is completely pointless and stupid.

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Agreed. The people you Sub4Sub with are pretty much guaranteed to not be a constant viewer, so why bother? The people that have over thousands of subscribers that they gained just by this method surely won't bother to do it for hardly anyone. It really just becomes nothing more than a number that won't help you very much, and it's pretty pointless.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've never actually had to stoop so low as to sub for sub in order to get subscribers. I personal think it is a terrible method to getting subscribers and that you should never do it. Unfortunately, so many people who seem to be desperate for subscribers do this on a daily bases. Even my best friend did this method and the results were very disappointing. I'll tell you in this majestic thread on why you should NEVER do sub for sub.

Absolutely no connections

Can you imagine subscribing to a channel and you don't even know what kind of videos they do? Can you imagine subscribing to someone and you have never even bothered watching one of their videos. Finally can you imagine subscribing to a channel and you never go back to it again? This is what sub for sub does. You are going to get subscribers that literally do not have any connections with you or your videos. In fact they are not loyal, nor do they have the same activeness as a real subscriber who has subscribed because they want to see your videos. Trust me, your so called subscribers will increase your sub count by a little sure, but your not progressing in any way. So the only thing your doing is filling your channel with complete strangers.

No purpose

Anyone who does sub for sub I can give you a decent yet accurate description of yourself in a few words: no purpose. What are you doing? Ask yourself that. Your not making videos for fun are you? You have no goals other then just amassing subscribers. Your not getting anywhere with yourself as a Youtuber. It's harsh to say but people who sub for sub are either desperate, foolish or just plain greedy. If your going to sub for sub then why bother starting Youtube, any fool can do this so what's the point? That's right there is no point, it's not worth doing.

Shows that your incapable

If your really doing sub for sub and have like 1000 subscribers well guess what this just shows how incapable you are of getting real subscribers from videos. The only real legit way anyone gets subscribers is if a person has seen a video, like the style and want more. If you can't even make a few decent videos to attract some subscribers then your really not ready, and you shouldn't even be trying if this is your idea of getting famous and rich. Believe me, I've met so many people with the ideology of getting popular from just doing sub for sub and you know how far they got? Not very far as you can imagine.

So in a nutshell, you get unloyal strangers into your channel, have no purpose with your channel and pretty much are telling people that you can't make videos like everyone else. Sub for sub is a horrible method of getting subscribers and if your doing it now I will tell you now you will never be successful or satisfied as you will only want more and more. Anyways, just don't do it, and keep on trying! Hope this helps ^_^
Totally agree and i also really enjoyed reading this:)

datrophyhunter

Reaction score
totally agree with you there is no point in doing sub4sub and having a bunch non active subs serves no purpose

Incia

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I once saw a guys banner saying "I sub to everyone who subs me", like really? Do this guy only have dead subscribers? But I agree, sure getting a few quick dead subscribers to start off your channel was alright, but not all the time. I want people who actually watch and comment my stuff, unfortunately I get very few comments and mostly from best friends only too.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Davis Fang

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
Not quite sure if this is a 'sub for sub', but if somebody subs to me, I am often inclined to check their channel out, and if it contains videos that I am somewhat interested in, I would generally sub back. At the early stage of the game, I almost see it as common courtesy to at least check the channels of those who have subbed to you. Just my thoughts :p