Where did you learn to edit?

I learned how to edit by trial and error on the programs I have used. Every now and again I will watch a YouTube video to learn something new.

I just messed around with the software I got, read a few articles, and also watched a few basic videos.

Learned a bit just from watching peoples videos too. Like just the style of video people make, and what styles best for what game :)

I'm self taught, and like JohnnyMaboy I view a lot of videos on YouTube, attempt the editing style, and eventually see what fits with the video I am making.

I'm self taught, I learnt by messing around with Movie Maker. And then I relied on Youtube tutorials to figure out how to use Lightworks.
Although I can only really do basic editing.

Well I learned to Edit in college and then really learned when I started doing it for a job back in 96. My first job was editing film and videos before non linear editing was out.. When my company got an AVID.. since I was the youngest they thought I would be the one to grasp it the easiest so they sent me off to AVID school and got me certified. Since then I have used every imaginable editing software out there. When I am not making sill YouTube videos I edit documentaries.
Wow, so in your experience; what is your personal favorite editing software? One day I'd like to get as fancy as making music videos. Similar to what YouTuber Matthias does.

I was the taught the basic basics of Final Cut at University, and just looked through tutorials and trial and error from there really

Well i made little Amvs and stuff when i was around 11 or 12 then i studied media in high school and from there youtube tutorials and the like to be honest i learnt alot more on my own then i did studying it at school funny enough.

Back