Where did you learn to edit?

Reaction score
The first time I edited was tape to tape in high school. Then went straight to the Army. Did simple editing using Nero. Just putting clips on a timeline and trim some of them. Went to college in January 2003. That's when I learned Final Cut Pro. Had standard Definition camcorders in the past but bough my first HD camcorder back in 2005. I used a computer at a friend's TV station to try and edit the HDV files using Premiere Pro. I've used other editing programs since such as AVID and Edius Pro but Premiere Pro has become my favorite.

Everything is very different nowadays. If you need help with something, just go online and you'll find video tutorials that teaches you just about everything that comes to editing.

Charlarottskii

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Windows Movie Maker XD I used to film at Sixth form and make videos so we can all look back on them and remember how nuts we were. (We haven't changed) Then I upgraded to Premiere Elements after I started Media studies and now I'm onto Pro :D I've done Media at GCSE and A-Level, and a college course where we ran a media company for a year - so I got tuition on there - but to be honest a lot of what I've learnt about timing and style is through the skits and stuff I've made. Learn by doing :)

Mishamy

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Self taught as well, however I think I´ll start watching tutorials cause I´m definitely not a pro.

SoleilTech

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Like most people, I am self-taught and I watch plenty of tutorials!

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am also self-taught. I taught myself Premiere back in the late 90s (good enough that I then taught it along with other programs at a local learning center). And for whatever reason I switched over to Vegas in 2010.

I've done a couple things in After Effects but that program intimidates me for some reason. I just need to sit down and watch a few beginner tutorials.

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to mug around with Movie Maker but a friend introduced me to Sony Vegas Pro, so after some time I switched towards that

PhantomPhoenix

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm self taught too, and it really shows :)
I wish I had more time to learn more (and to spend more time editing)... Bud it's often not working out..

Shdwj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A lot of what I've learned was self-taught, but when it comes to Adobe After Effects I learned a lot through various After Effects tutorial channels on YouTube as well as Video Copilot. I also learned quite a bit about Adobe Audition through YouTube channels. :)

Liz Perdacher

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I played around with imovie and pretty much taught myself how to edit. I read a few articles online and watched some tutorials. All in all I was just curious how stuff works :)