Where did you learn to edit?

GLE_Steven

Reaction score
I learned how to edit by trial and error on the programs I have used. Every now and again I will watch a YouTube video to learn something new.

JohnnyMaboy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I just messed around with the software I got, read a few articles, and also watched a few basic videos.

Learned a bit just from watching peoples videos too. Like just the style of video people make, and what styles best for what game :)

Reactions: SamuraiHex

SamuraiHex

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm self taught, and like JohnnyMaboy I view a lot of videos on YouTube, attempt the editing style, and eventually see what fits with the video I am making.

Reactions: JohnnyMaboy

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm self taught, I learnt by messing around with Movie Maker. And then I relied on Youtube tutorials to figure out how to use Lightworks.
Although I can only really do basic editing.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Trial and error.
I just try stuff, and learn new things over time. :p

Isaki Tahashi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I learned to Edit in college and then really learned when I started doing it for a job back in 96. My first job was editing film and videos before non linear editing was out.. When my company got an AVID.. since I was the youngest they thought I would be the one to grasp it the easiest so they sent me off to AVID school and got me certified. Since then I have used every imaginable editing software out there. When I am not making sill YouTube videos I edit documentaries.
Wow, so in your experience; what is your personal favorite editing software? One day I'd like to get as fancy as making music videos. Similar to what YouTuber Matthias does.

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Wow, so in your experience; what is your personal favorite editing software? One day I'd like to get as fancy as making music videos. Similar to what YouTuber Matthias does.
My favorite is AVID followed by Final Cut 7 and Adobe Premier.

Reactions: Isaki Tahashi

Tori

Reaction score
I was the taught the basic basics of Final Cut at University, and just looked through tutorials and trial and error from there really

TheScarletBlaze

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well i made little Amvs and stuff when i was around 11 or 12 then i studied media in high school and from there youtube tutorials and the like to be honest i learnt alot more on my own then i did studying it at school funny enough.