What Does Your Channel Struggles With the Most?

What is your channel's weak spot?

• Getting subs

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Getting views

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Getting watch time

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Audience retention

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Community engagement

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trolls / Hate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Having fresh video ideas

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Subpar recording equipment

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Subpar software

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Lack of time to dedicate to the channel

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Keeping a schedule

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Finding a niche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over-saturated niche

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
My main struggle is with finding an audience who are looking for the type of content I do.

Funny thing, we got to a puppet show / theater yesterday.
(Sunday) We were forwarded there from the little one's school.
There was a poster in the main door, and further more
the teachers had handwrited "really interesting!!!"
as long as it was an experimental puppet show.
It was a totally free event, you only paid
for coffee and so and donated if you wish for the show.
In the (simple printed) flyers there was info of the puppetiers
and facebook pages etc.

maybe some free (non studio recorded) shows would drive some audience to your channel?
Once a kid love a character/toy/doll/puppet it is a long term relationship :)

Mine is definitely the "Lack of Time." I have tons of videos I can make and lots of ideas I want to follow through with. But I simply don't have as much time as I use to when I was younger. Even though I've gotten much faster in the editing process I tend to spend more time in the editing phase just to make sure any video I do create is of the highest quality I can put out. =] But there are days I wish I can dedicate more time into the creation of my content. Being an adult is rough.

My struggle right now is to get the 1000 subscription as I already have more than 4000 hrs views.[DOUBLEPOST=1521494597,1521494478][/DOUBLEPOST]
For me I'd say my biggest issue is subscriber numbers, I've almost hit my 4000 watch hours but still at about 360 subs. I've managed to keep to my daily schedule for just over 6 months so I think thats fine.

I'm confident the subs will come with time so not an issue but it's the area I need to grow the most :)
For me I'd say my biggest issue is subscriber numbers, I've almost hit my 4000 watch hours but still at about 360 subs. I've managed to keep to my daily schedule for just over 6 months so I think thats fine.

I'm confident the subs will come with time so not an issue but it's the area I need to grow the most :)

I am in a same boat as you Evoloz

I added two more options 'Finding a niche' and 'Over-saturated niche', so feel free to update your votes. :)

I think I struggle solidifying a schedule tbh v-v
but also watch time....
it may be as my videos are usually on the shorter side tho, so I'm currently working on a longer type of videos to do as a series on my channel c:

surprisingly my subscriber count seems to be increasing at a steady pace so thats great! slowly but surely!c:

I was having so much trouble finding the time to really set aside to make each video as each one is multiple days of editing. I've been trying to pivot and change direction on the channel into something that is more feasible for me to make more often, but it will remain to be seen.

I must say I'm really surprised with the answers! I thought that getting subs would be the biggest challenge people were facing, I guess I was wrong.
By the way, if one of the mods would be so kind to change 'Struggles' in the thread title with 'Struggle.' I just noticed the mistake and it's bothering me to no end.
:banghead:

For me it’s definitely consistency when it comes to uploading. I make trip and travel reports. But I’m not in a plane every month. So it’s hard to keep an steady uploading schedule. However if I make a trip with a stopover that automatically means 5 new videos (4 about the flights and 1 on the trip itself).

I must say I'm really surprised with the answers! I thought that getting subs would be the biggest challenge people were facing, I guess I was wrong.
By the way, if one of the mods would be so kind to change 'Struggles' in the thread title with 'Struggle.' I just noticed the mistake and it's bothering me to no end.
:banghead:

I agree I also really expected it to be all subs/ views. Very interesting to hear it's largely time/ schedule related!

Back