What Does Your Channel Struggles With the Most?

What is your channel's weak spot?

• Getting subs

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Getting views

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Getting watch time

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Audience retention

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Community engagement

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trolls / Hate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Having fresh video ideas

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Subpar recording equipment

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Subpar software

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Lack of time to dedicate to the channel

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Keeping a schedule

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Finding a niche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over-saturated niche

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I've been really struggling with getting the view time past the 400h mark (much less 4000h mark), so I was wondering what you guys struggle with the most.
The poll is multiple choice and you can change the votes later on.
I tried adding the most options possible, let me know if you need additional poll options. :)

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

I think a common struggle for all channels (regardless of size) is keeping to a schedule. It's not particularly hard making videos but it's a challenge to do it consistently week in week out without fail. So "consistency" would be my choice. ^^

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

I think a common struggle for all channels (regardless of size) is keeping to a schedule. It's not particularly hard making videos but it's a challenge to do it consistently week in week out without fail. So "consistency" would be my choice. ^^
Thanks for moving it - I probably should have added a 'picking a correct forum' to the poll :D
Also added the schedule thingy there :)

Reactions: Crown

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been really struggling with getting the view time past the 400h mark (much less 4000h mark), so I was wondering what you guys struggle with the most.
The poll is multiple choice and you can change the votes later on.
I tried adding the most options possible, let me know if you need additional poll options. :)
Boki

For me its all a matter of growing my base.
That takes time...
We are all going to get there

Reactions: Dave2017

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just keep on grinding Boki.. You are making great content and I´m sure your videos will be noticed more in the future:up2:
For me the issue is TIME. I simply don´t have enough time (as it is now anyways) to make the videos even though I have plenty of ideas. But there are more inportant things in the world than to make videos... For me anyways:)

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me I'd say my biggest issue is subscriber numbers, I've almost hit my 4000 watch hours but still at about 360 subs. I've managed to keep to my daily schedule for just over 6 months so I think thats fine.

I'm confident the subs will come with time so not an issue but it's the area I need to grow the most :)

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The main issue for me has always been keeping to a schedule as I guess most people can understand working full time and trying to push edited content out on time can always be a struggle.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Lack of time! In fact why don’t we just change that to “I’m over 25/ I work 2 jobs/ I have kids” because dammit if there was YouTube when I was 17 I’d put out daily vids and be able to do so for years. And if fortunes smiled upon me, I wouldn’t have to go job hunting or explain to the fan why I need to make a video because they’d know I’ll go off and get paid for what I do. oh well

Reactions: Dave2017

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think I'm too early to be looking at my weaknesses as I have only been doing youtube seriously for 3 weeks now. I do fear about my lack of subscriber growth however, this I forsee to be my weakness.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My main struggle is with finding an audience who are looking for the type of content I do. It's really pretty niche, and though I'm finding a decent audience for it, I'd love to be able to tap into a larger crowd, if it exists.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale